SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok friends,I have been working away for a couple of years and I get home to find my tenants have made a mess of my house and broken into the garage and destroyed my ssd track,thank heavens that I left all my cars at a mates

The old track was on a table 5.4m x 2.1m and had about 70m of track two and three lane,now basically I have the table and a mess of track.
So,what to do???
I've almost decided on a routered track,I have,untouched,fortunately two 6 car pbs,a 0/20 volt 25 amp trans and 11 straight lcs to salvage the bits from,so custom flippers me thinks.
Now I'm thinking of a two lane Targa style track,needs to run both analog and digital,far too many cars too chip,48 and growing lol. New table size is 3.6m by 1.8m,am very much inspired by Kellerkind's tracks also the tiny tyres targa
So,do I send off pbs to have upgrades or buy the new one?
Please forgive the poor posting as am having to use phone to post as no broad band at the mo due to the tenants unpaid bill to BT,who are demanding payment before I get connected and they've disappeared,so any help would be great,thanks for reading,Jon

·
Greg Gaub
15,415 Posts
Buy the new one. Use the old ones as 1:pit in/out sensors and 2: off-track Car ID machine.
Development for the old base is dead. There is nothing happening for it, and no one is even hinting that they care about it. Everything is happening for the new one. Upgrading an old base is a waste of money at this point.

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
What a pain ..... fortunately, not all people are pond-life ...

Where versions are your 6 car PBs?? If they are the later ones then moving up to PB-Pro is about £10ish and SSDC v5 will run with it but not as pleasantly as with the APB

If you do decide to go to the newer turbo-nutter bustard APB, then it is certainly worth keeping one so that you can set IDs on cars ready for the next race .....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts