SlotForum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought it was time to look at doing a new track, so went hunting for my track design software, but couldn't find it.

I then remembered that since designer my current track I had to have a new PC (last one died!!) and have never put the software on this new one and had also lost any licence key info.

So, I wondered what track design software is everyone now using?

I used "Track Power" before which was fine, but are there any others that are now better?

Steve

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just went through the same process and ended up with UR30.

For the life of me I couldn't get Slotman to save my work, and it didn't have all the features I wanted. Scalextric software is, err, lacking. TrackPower looks really nice, but I couldn't get a response from them when I tried to purchase it ...

UR30 is a nice little program, the track designer is only a part of all the features you get.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
UR3...

...FREE, superb program when you know how to use it.

Yes...very addictive ( but not bad for the health ! ).

Some complain about track parts 'flying around by themselves'...
...but they are not using the software correctly.

This happened to me at first, but you soon learn how to stop this & move parts properly.
If it does happen...
...thats what the 'UNDO' key is for !!!

Cheers

Si.

TIP:-
If you zoom in as close as you can 'on screen' (so you only 'see' a tiny bit of the track) before saving as a .JPG, you get a VERY HIGH RES file (whole track visible, obviously).
Top stuff !!!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Hi again Steve

This was drawn in UR3...

...with a bit of photoshop afterwards for the curvy bits.

Cheers

Si.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
QUOTE (Si. @ 31 Jan 2012, 18:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>TIP:-
If you zoom in as close as you can 'on screen' (so you only 'see' a tiny bit of the track) before saving as a .JPG, you get a VERY HIGH RES file (whole track visible, obviously).
Top stuff !!!

Thanks Si, that IS a good one to know

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Thanks jasperok

The above UR3 drawing is 640x480 for the site...

...but by 'zooming on screen' before saving, the image was something like 3000x2000 pixels ( more or less ).

All parts & joins clearly visable.

Cheers

Si.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts