SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to remove magnets from my scalextric GT cars (F430, Lamborghini etc), and fit better tyres. I have good experiences with Ortmann tyres, but there are more options, like the scalextric tyres from the Sport+ range. What would you recommend ?

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
How about WASP tyres??

·
Administrator
10,131 Posts
NSR "ultras" or Slot.it "F15"

You will never look back. Well you might. No actually you will. You will look back and retrofit all your cars. Gets a bit expensive when you start buying tyres in 20's.....

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
The Scalextric Sport+ tires are silicone, 4 rears per pack. One pack will give you a matched pair of cars. I think the C8413 LeMans should fit your GTs.

Depending on your track surface, they may provide more, or less, grip than the originals. In my experience, Sport+ provide more grip than originals, or Ortmanns, on unpainted, spotlessly clean Scalextric Sport track. On my painted track, the Sport+ provide less grip than the originals or Ortmanns. The silicones are less forgiving of a dirty track than Ortmanns.

The Sport+ silicone is tough material, difficult to true.

As the Scalextric Sport+ range of parts is not universally admired, maybe you can get them for a good price???

·
Administrator
10,131 Posts
QUOTE (ThaiRacer @ 13 Mar 2012, 15:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The Scalextric Sport+ tires are silicone, 4 rears per pack. One pack will give you a matched pair of cars. I think the C8413 LeMans should fit your GTs.

Depending on your track surface, they may provide more, or less, grip than the originals. In my experience, Sport+ provide more grip than originals, or Ortmanns, on unpainted, spotlessly clean Scalextric Sport track. On my painted track, the Sport+ provide less grip than the originals or Ortmanns. The silicones are less forgiving of a dirty track than Ortmanns.

The Sport+ silicone is tough material, difficult to true.

As the Scalextric Sport+ range of parts is not universally admired, maybe you can get them for a good price???

I seem to recall a certain person from Scalextric explaining to us all how Scalextric silcones are not actually silicone but just a less processed version of their standard rubber...

·
Registered
325 Posts
QUOTE (RikoRocket @ 13 Mar 2012, 17:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I seem to recall a certain person from Scalextric explaining to us all how Scalextric silcones are not actually silicone but just a less processed version of their standard rubber...

Hmm, interesting. Can you elaborate on that?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I usually use NSR Ultra grip tyres on my scalex sport track. Good grip but they are quickly worned and have sometimes to be glued on the wheels.
I've got one car fitted with ULTIMATT G4 and they do the job too.
BRM tyres look like SLOT IT P3.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have chosen Scalextric silicones. Mainly because there was no other choice at a recent swap meet, and they were decently priced. I tried them first on scalextric LMP's, but after a few laps, the Porsche Spyder was sliding all the way. When put under Ferrari 430's, It actually runs pretty nice, 40+ laps stints without cleaning are no problem. This wednesday we will have a 2 hrs race with 3 F430's and silicones (no magnet) so we will see and I report back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts