SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to remove magnets from my scalextric GT cars (F430, Lamborghini etc), and fit better tyres. I have good experiences with Ortmann tyres, but there are more options, like the scalextric tyres from the Sport+ range. What would you recommend ?

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
How about WASP tyres??

·
Administrator
10,538 Posts
NSR "ultras" or Slot.it "F15"

You will never look back. Well you might. No actually you will. You will look back and retrofit all your cars. Gets a bit expensive when you start buying tyres in 20's.....

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
The Scalextric Sport+ tires are silicone, 4 rears per pack. One pack will give you a matched pair of cars. I think the C8413 LeMans should fit your GTs.

Depending on your track surface, they may provide more, or less, grip than the originals. In my experience, Sport+ provide more grip than originals, or Ortmanns, on unpainted, spotlessly clean Scalextric Sport track. On my painted track, the Sport+ provide less grip than the originals or Ortmanns. The silicones are less forgiving of a dirty track than Ortmanns.

The Sport+ silicone is tough material, difficult to true.

As the Scalextric Sport+ range of parts is not universally admired, maybe you can get them for a good price???

·
Administrator
10,538 Posts
QUOTE (ThaiRacer @ 13 Mar 2012, 15:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The Scalextric Sport+ tires are silicone, 4 rears per pack. One pack will give you a matched pair of cars. I think the C8413 LeMans should fit your GTs.

Depending on your track surface, they may provide more, or less, grip than the originals. In my experience, Sport+ provide more grip than originals, or Ortmanns, on unpainted, spotlessly clean Scalextric Sport track. On my painted track, the Sport+ provide less grip than the originals or Ortmanns. The silicones are less forgiving of a dirty track than Ortmanns.

The Sport+ silicone is tough material, difficult to true.

As the Scalextric Sport+ range of parts is not universally admired, maybe you can get them for a good price???

I seem to recall a certain person from Scalextric explaining to us all how Scalextric silcones are not actually silicone but just a less processed version of their standard rubber...

·
Registered
325 Posts
QUOTE (RikoRocket @ 13 Mar 2012, 17:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I seem to recall a certain person from Scalextric explaining to us all how Scalextric silcones are not actually silicone but just a less processed version of their standard rubber...

Hmm, interesting. Can you elaborate on that?

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have chosen Scalextric silicones. Mainly because there was no other choice at a recent swap meet, and they were decently priced. I tried them first on scalextric LMP's, but after a few laps, the Porsche Spyder was sliding all the way. When put under Ferrari 430's, It actually runs pretty nice, 40+ laps stints without cleaning are no problem. This wednesday we will have a 2 hrs race with 3 F430's and silicones (no magnet) so we will see and I report back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.