SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
If you could do it over again what would be the one thing you would change? I'll go first. I'd get rid of all of the 6" corners because it's a hassle to get the Mega G's to run on them. Yes, I've made it work, it can be done. But still it's a pain in the rear to have to tinker so much to get the cars around the 6" corners when they run great everywhere else.

What would you change on your layout?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Get my wife to agree on me taking over the whole of our double garage (trying, but can't see it
) then i would have a table built in the middle 15ft x 10ft would suit. Wow think of the 4 lane AFX track, no 6" just nice bends like 15", 12"
So yeah that would be my wish.

Lee

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
No, I get bored with the same layout after a couple of months, I've got a table in the garage I use for slotracing, usually I'll set up a 1:32 layout and then when I want to race some HO I'll do the HO track over the top of the 1:32 layout, it makes for some interesting comparisons in lap times, for instance a 40 year old design of HO car (magnatrction) laps at around the same speed as a modern 1:32 car, the HO car looks a lot faster than the 1:32 car though.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I'd like to change all my track from Tyco to Tomy and have somewhere big enough to put out a decent layout, and also big enough to have a 1/32nd track at the side. I need to get a good job and then rent a large industrial until

·
Registered
730 Posts
I don't have a permanent layout at the mo, but my mate Jon Cryer does so I guess the thing I would change is how busy I am so I can get over there more often.....

·
Registered
431 Posts
Yes marc you should pop over more often.
But if I was to change anything it would be to make it longer as it is only 9feet long I would like it at lest 18 feet long then I could rily get my neo car riping down the straight

1 - 8 of 8 Posts