SlotForum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
2,611 Posts
"To pre order or not to pre order,that is the question or willI ever get that bloody slot car?"

To a certain degree I agree with Thomas. It`s very hard to budget your car spending when the releases are so erratic. I`ve been caught out by the no cars this month and then next...they all arrive together! More back door smuggling to avoid the Mrs ( no Int not that kinda back door smugglin`, calm down!).

One reason for the lack of Fly pre orders could be due to the huge price differential between retailers? I`m not going to pre order Fly from the usual suspects because I`m going to feel stupid when the same car is available for a tenner less?Tthe problem with this is with limited numbers, you may not get the car in the end at all. Sean received only 50% of his Lancia order from Team Slot.

Maybe there should be some kind of collectors club, bit like the book clubs I belong to along with half the planet? Car of the month plus discounted cars in a little glossy booklet to choose from. Tick the box if you want the latest car but there is always a back catalogue aimed at those interested? The good part about that is my Mrs is used to me saying "oh no I forgot to send the order form back and look they automaticaly sent me the book....long way to the post office to return it, best I keep it Dear, may be valuable in the future!"

· Simon Moss (Undisputed #1 Racer Fan)
550 Posts
Just to make Aaron feel better. About 95% of my collection is Fly and I do intend to purchase approximately 75% of what is planned so far this year. I just don't like to pre-order them these days as the prices for them can vary quite a lot. It sometimes does pay to wait. Having said that though I do sometimes pre-order the occasional Fly car that I think may become difficult to obtain.

M

· Registered
162 Posts
Well, I've never pre ordered before. Mainly because I tend to only buy Scaley cars, and I live near to a pretty good concession. But as I'm moving house fairly soon to a town with only a small Toymaster, I may need to review my pre ordering plans!

But I def want from Scaley:

The classic F1's
At least 2 of the bikes (probably will just buy set 1)
The new Williams F1
Starsky and Hutch Torino
Maybe the 2 pit crews

From Carerra:
The James Bond cars

From SCX
The new Jag F1
Maybe the new Jordan

· Registered
512 Posts
No pre-orders for me yet.

Since I've only been into the hobby for 3 months I'm still trying to get all the "must have"s that have been released already. I've been more or less like a kid in a candy store recently...

There are a couple of cars I'll have to get when they arrive though:
Fly Viper Team07 (and probably another of the new Vipers to race).
Both Scalextric Vipers, the new GT40 and GT4.
Carrera James Bond Aston Martin DB5.

· Premium Member
7,843 Posts
I agree with the general sentiment that pre-ordering can be dicey, what with dodgy delivery schedules. I figure Ninco aren't one of the main offenders in this respect though and so have stuck me name down for one of them there Jagermeister 934s.

SCX Integrale is a must have but I'll wait until nearer the date for that one.

Other NSX liveries also patiently awaited.

550 Posts
Talk about hanging a carrot in front of my nose. What about the planned new releases from Le Mans Miniatures. I am very tempted to pre-order, but the problem is, not knowing when they will be released, and whether I will be able to afford them when they come out.
Does anybody have any kind of planned dates for these ?

M

· Matt Tucker
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Mo55man
you've expensive tastes - GS has them on for £113 (plus upto £11.30 in loyalty points)
Alpine Renault A442 Winner Le Mans 1978 (132005M-GL)
Ford MK IV n°2 Le Mans 1967 (132004M-GL)
Matra MS 630 n°29 Le Mans 1968 (132003M-GL)

the prev released MIV does look good and photos, no matter how good, don't do it justice. When will they be here? GS normally quote expected dates if the manafacturers/distrb announce them and as they have not included them in the description I would say your guess is as good as mine.

Matt

550 Posts
Yes, you could say I have expensive tastes, but I do like the exclusivity that comes with them. Like the racer slot cars, they have that distinct look about them. I am certainly looking this year on purchasing less cars, but spending about the same.
Another factor, which I don't always worry too much about is future value. I do collect a lot of Fly cars, which as we all know do not hold their value these days. Where as LMM and Racer should hold or maybe increase in value.

M

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.