SlotForum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what type of car I need to buy to race at Gt Barr club please, there are so many types, digital, analogue (or something like that anyway)?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi mate, I am new to the club to myself, best bet is to come along and see what the guys use, everyone is friendly and helpfull. You can borrow cars and controllers to race with untill you are sorted. The track is an analogue plastic six lane and the popular cars seam to be american muscle cars and Le mans type. Hope that helps but as I said best to pop along and have a look and ask about.

·
Registered
641 Posts
QUOTE (Johnny Mac @ 1 Sep 2011, 21:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Can anyone tell me what type of car I need to buy to race at Gt Barr club please, there are so many types, digital, analogue (or something like that anyway)?

If you're intending to be a Saturday morning racer, American Muscle is the way to go. Scalextric Mustangs and Camaros.
If on the other hand you're planning a Thursday evening blast that's a bit different.
WE race different classes each week in a league.
Non magnet cars you're looking at NSR,
Standard class at the moment is Super resistant Ferraris, Porche and Lambo Gallardo,
Nascar is any Scalextric Nascar but make sure it's a sidewinder engine set up.
Modified is anything you want to try to make as fast a car as youi can from. Most popular is the Ninco Ascari but most Ninco angle winder cars can be tuned to go fast!!!! Two magnets for that class! Yeah I know, madness but what can you do?
Rally is Non magnet ninco cars. Any tires and wheels everything else must be a Ninco part. Complex in a way but something for us all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts