SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seems this part of the sites went quiet. has everyone given it up?
on the other hand, just to ask where you all get your parts/cars from? ive been using marksmodels and enjoy the service, guys are really good there. had used the modelshop in portlaoise before when living down the kneck of the woods but havent ordered anything from there for a while. is there any other shops that ive missed thats within travelling distance of Dublin or have a website thats not in the uk?

thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah im from scotland so luckly, i can order some stuff from that auction site and have it delivered to my dads, or even order from modelzone. have used pendle a few times and used a place in wales for some parts, guys there where really helpful aswell. just thought there mite have been something closer that i've missed

·
Registered
551 Posts
Hi Darren, we are still going but I found I was falling behind in a big way with the race reports so I started doing simpler and much quicker to post race reports on Facebook (if you are on Facebook look for the "Dublin slot car club" group and I can add you.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey Ronan, yeah no worries. I tend not to go on facebook tbh, we'll just say ex gf's etc are the result of that lol i'm sure i'll be able to have a look without registering again tho.

i got some barriers from marksmodels the other day, but somehow, 2 of the barriers are longer than the borders, including borders ive already got. have to take a pop back in later today but the car is in the garage gettin brakes done at the moment. it'll be hard goin in marksmodels without comin out with another car lol

·
Registered
551 Posts
Yeah, I know many who like to keep a low profile on Facebook! Nothing to stop you registering under a different name though!

I'm sure marks will sort you out with the right barriers. Tempting to pick up more while you are there I agree...

If you are keen on coming out for a race night over the summer just let me know, always good to get more people involved.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah ive been in marks a few times now, and struggle to leave with every attempt without buyin something. however, i'm goin back over to scotland nxt weekend and i have a fair amount of cars that I have picked up, one of which, I am very excited about. once i get back with them, i'll get the pictures up. ive got a few sets in with those aswell, but the one i managed to get, ive been after for a year now

once i get settled in here, i'll let yous know and mite pop over for a bit and see whats happening

thanks again

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
finally got all the cars i could back from Scotland and got pics up.

they're over in this Thread

Finally got my hands on the all black ca at the very end of the thread. dont wanna ruin the surprise but it took me ages to get my hands on one. 5 gold stars if you guess what it is before lookin

·
Registered
551 Posts
You have a ton of fantastic cars! Several of the cars you have are the type we race regularly here in Dublin.

Hope to get you out to a race night soon, new people are always welcome especially when they already have a great selection of cars!

Ronan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts