SlotForum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Frederick
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there to eveyone at slotforum.
I was just quickly wondering whether anyone knows what car or cars HSRR (Historic Scale Racing Replicas) are going to bring out soon if they bring out more cars at all. I have read tons of reviews on the current car that is out by them the McLaren M8D. So if anyone knows the name of a car that is made by HSRR but isn't the McLaren M8D could you please tell me the name of it or even better still send me a picture of it. I wrote this thread not out of interest but more out of curiosity because I was surprised that a slotcar brand could have only 1 design of car.

·
Registered
230 Posts
It is a fact that the McLaren is the "only" car that HSRR has made, and rumour has it that, that's all they're going to do.
As I understand it, this company is big into scale railroading, and the guy calling the shots was presented a challenge of making slotcars. He wanted to prove that his company could produce a quality slotcar. And once he proved his point, then that was it.

Too bad, cause I personnally think they had a good thing started. If they were to keep at it, then we might of been able to get some other cars from the Can-Am era.

·
Frederick
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks for telling me about that Dickie. So they were challenged to try and make a slotcar and when they made that slotcar that was all they needed. I still recon they could have made a few more cars. I wasn't really a major fan over the HSRR car but I was just wondering about it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have heard vastly different rumors about HSRR future plans. One has been stated that they will only make this one car, the second was very different but since it is a rumor I don't want to repeat it. We'll see!

The HSRR McLaren took three to four years to become a reality. I would love to see more Can Am cars from them and will wait patiently but hope it is not three years.

The McLaren M8d was raced for years and they could make many versions for us to race.

·
Frederick
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
3 to 4 years!! That's a long time to be planning and building a slotcar. I think even if they don't bring out any other kinds of car they should just bring out the car they have but in different liveries. Thanks for the post RMMseven

·
Registered
543 Posts
HSRR had production troubles in China. this i do know: with the drivers getting painted. probly also in U.S. even after that time the drivers aren't right as only Dan Gurney would have had the Castrol emblems on his drivers suit.

·
Frederick
1,054 Posts
Thanks for being another member to reply to this thread monquispot. So far what you, RMMseven and Dickie have told me has been very intersting and very varied. Thanks for writing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts