SlotForum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
David Moss
461 Posts
Last night I was given a box full of old goodies including a rusted pit stop, Le mans start & 8 controllers of different ages. My question is:
Is there any difference in the output/power/handling of these 3 throttles?

The first is your traditional old 80's one, which I have too many to count.
The Second looks the same but has a red trigger instead of black. Any significance?
The third looks slightly older & has "race tuned" moulded in the handle. Is it any quicker?

Help would be very gratefully received.

Bacardibeast

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I suspect that the Race Tuned one has an extra linkage in it so that a small trigger movement leads to a larger contact movement over the resistor.

Mark.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Let me get this straight...

You have a pitstop and are asking about controllers?

Blardy 'ell

put the controllers to one side and restore the pitstop.

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
The race tuned is probably 25 ohm athough they did offer an optional 15 ohm replacement resistor ,it has a very short travel and also had dynamic braking , the others will be 60 ohm or 45 .

·
David Moss
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AussieCapri - I've had one before, and in better condition, but I haven't got the money to make it into a 4 laner. If your interested, PM me. Otherwise it will get cleaded up & put on ebay.

Everyone else, thanks for the advise. I'll do some testing at some time & let you know the results. I basically need four the same, that I can add brakes to. So, plenty of spares to practice.

BacardiBeast

1 - 5 of 5 Posts