SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that some cars will only appear in digital or analogue format and not both!?!?!?

Just seen that Scalextric are bringing out 2 beefed up BMW minis, but only in digital at the mo

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats a shame, anyone got any ideas of what the price difference will be???

Digital or not, they will look the same sat ina cabinet wont they

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Hi Dale

Funnily enough, I pondered the same question and came to the same conclusion as Inte.

The new Digital Mini liveries look better than any released by Scalextric so far in my opinion, it would be a shame if they were produced as Digital only cars.

Talking about the (new) Scalextric Mini, without a magnet and on Ninco track it runs pretty good, if you ignore the fact that it gets annihilated by every other car.
Even worse is the little Mini requires a fair bit of concentration to keep it on the black stuff too, only to still get beaten!

Despite this *ahem* minor flaw, good fun to drive if you like to drive cars that slide along nicely (on its roof).

Jamie

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The new liveries are based on the car that Micheal Cooper took to Le Mans to race, do look alot better than the standard John Cooper Challenge cars.

Probably will get them regardless and will have a look at changing them back to proper scalextric (ooooooh theres a arguement waiting to happen - and yes I AM joking)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I guess you have a point there, Im just sat here wondering if the models wil go as well as the proto-type John Cooper Works S I drove..........225 BHP of front wheel spinning fun!!!!

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
While there MIGHT be the odd misguided attempt to lure people into digital by offering cars that are not made available as analogue, I think it would be a very foolish idea indeed, which would only result in certain car bodies not having their sales maximised.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Are digital-only liveries of major concern if the cars are backward compatible?

I recall Adrian Norman telling me at the Toy Fair at Excell that the digital cars will be backward compatible so will run on the analogue system.

The only problem I can therefore envisage is the pricing structure if the digital cars are more expensive.

I concur with daleg
, buy them anyway, try them out and look to adapting them if necessary.

Jamie, try adding 15g of weight over the guide, it keeps the front end much more firmly planted in the slot and allows a bit more tail-happy driving.

Alec.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts