SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just won an Ebay auction for a box of assorted bin-fodder. Probably paid too much, but ne'er mind. As well as the car I wanted, there's one of these in the lot.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Sports equipment

I know it's not rare, as I've seen other examples in job lots of junk. I'm just curious as to what it is. I'm guessing British brand but probably made in Hong Kong. Pin guide and fixed braids say it's not Scalextric, but don't look quite right for Airfix.Doesn't strike me as being bottom end of the toy market, but doesn't have an air of quality so I'd assume similar market sector to Scaley.

Any assistance much appreciated.

·
Administrator
10,014 Posts
Pat, it would help if you showed the bottom, but seems to be a Hong Kong model in maybe 1/36 scale, by one of the many companies based there: Speedking, Lincoln, etc. Could even be an early Artin.

Smaller than Scalex or Airfix and not really in the same class. Lots of these around, some nice, some not so nice, but all built down to a price.

Don

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Here's the underside, along with a detail of the guide/braid arrangement.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Sizewise, in the other auction pictures it looks pretty comparable with the Scalextric Offy and the (possibly Airfix) Ford P68 also in the lot, so I wouldn't be ruling out 1:32 just yet.

Edit: Having now blown up the underside pic on a decent sized screen, Hong Kong origin is confirmed, and I've now at least got something to stick into Google.

Edit edit: Apparently it's a Lincoln Max Rev from c1970, which would gel with the Offy and Ford eras.

·
Premium Member
3,205 Posts
It's from a Lincoln International Formula 500 set which also included a blue car #21, a 1/43rd scale set. The little leaver at the front turns the 'engine sound' on or off. Standard battery powered figure eight set produced at the 'Artin' factory which includes the standard bridge supports, barriers, start/finish banner and track side signs seen in most of the branded set..

Motor vehicle Font Automotive tire Automotive exterior Auto part

Automotive tire Gas Automotive exterior Font Rectangle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle tire Tread

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Being designed for a 6V battery supply, I bet it'll go (briefly) like the clappers if fed 12V :D.

Shame it's 1:43 as I was contemplating sticking a Penelope Pitlane chassis under it for a laugh.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Have a look at what motor is in it! You may be able to swop it with a 12v one the same style, measure the wheel base and see if the extendable pit lane chassis match, there made for some of the smallest car's!
Cheers,
John.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have a look at what motor is in it! You may be able to swop it with a 12v one the same style, measure the wheel base and see if the extendable pit lane chassis match, there made for some of the smallest car's!
Cheers,
John.
Will do, when it arrives. It's currently on its way to a mate in the UK who kindly acts as a package consolidator for me. However he's in the middle of his second bout of Covid, with the associated isolation period, so it might be a while before he gets to a post office.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I hope he recovers soon, the way things are looking it's going to get just as bad over here!
John.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hope he recovers soon, the way things are looking it's going to get just as bad over here!
John.
So do I. He's got several hundred bucks worth of my gear ;).

Seriously though, he reckons he's OK. As a health care worker he's fully up to date with his shots and has, effectively, a bad cold. Lucky, given he has a history of asthma and chest wounds.

·
Premium Member
3,205 Posts
What's inside....

Toy Motor vehicle Blue Lego Vehicle

wheelbase 63mm
overall rear 50mm
overall front 46mm
rear tyres 20 x 9.5mm
front tyres 18 x 6.25mm
length nose to rear wing 103mm

Although the driver is the same as in the other Lincoln, an other, 1/43rd scale sets I don't really think the car is to any real scale, not much smaller than a 1/32nd scale Lotus 24.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What's inside....

View attachment 292843

wheelbase 63mm
overall rear 50mm
overall front 46mm
rear tyres 20 x 9.5mm
front tyres 18 x 6.25mm
length nose to rear wing 103mm

Although the driver is the same as in the other Lincoln, an other, 1/43rd scale sets I don't really think the car is to any real scale, not much smaller than a 1/32nd scale Lotus 24.
Hmm. Looks like an s-can, so it might be possible to pop a proper motor in without too much difficulty. Or, I note, a PCS32 chassis could be squeezed down to a suitable wheelbase.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts