SlotForum banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

· Registered
3,743 Posts
Look back a bit and it seemed acceptable and all too easy for digital fans to mock analogue and non mag racers to mock magnet traction type cars and every opportunity was taken by some. Dare to defend them or say something about other types of racing and the roof falls in.

Fortunately the digital v analogue debates and the magnet traction v no mag discussions have mostly been more civilised of late.

Sadly a few still like to pick arguments with guys who like different sorts of slots to them.

· Premium Member
10,492 Posts
QUOTE The one on second place is the first loser^^
Surely, second place is the last looser? .......

· Premium Member
10,492 Posts
Sorry Gash ...... I have to disagree with you. It is just the slow season and it will pick up again when the nights draw in and the hand bags are put away ...

G

·
The Forum is fine but is spoilt by some idiotic threads that are just pointless.
It's hard to resist having a dig at some of them and when some of us do so, the "peace and love brigade' turn up to spank our bottoms.
If something's rubbish then there shouldn't be a problem expressing that opinion.

· Lee Green
1,726 Posts
QUOTE (GregK @ 7 Sep 2012, 21:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry Gash ...... I have to disagree with you. It is just the slow season and it will pick up again when the nights draw in and the hand bags are put away ...

And hopefully revolting red pieces of lexan

· Premium Member
5,387 Posts
So what if there are some threads that are not up to someones standard i suggest read the next one,
Having a go or little banter is all good and fun, but when people start to get nasty it's just plain stupid.

I also post ugly blobs (for some people) and revolting pieces of lexan...some people like them some don't,
no need to express your feeling in a negative way too much....once is enough, remember you are dealing with real people here.
And some need to know when to back off

*rant mode off*

Now just let everyone enjoy this hobby in the way they prefer.

Gash,

Just read your post, my post was not directed to you,
i meant it in general.

And i made my first post after there was a second thread started with some not so banter-ish things in it, that has now been removed.

· Tony
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
FW14B, Thanks for your comments, perhaps you should remove your by line ''Negative criticism usually comes from those who attempt nothing more in life than "sitting on the fence". Personally I find discussions on the fine details of an exhaust pipe or how a badge isn't quite right extremely boring but I don't go round making snide remarks or knocking their work. I can appreciate the fine work some people put in but it doesn't interest me. I couldn't give a **** if some of you don't like lexan bodies, I'm only really interested in making the fastest slotcar I can. I will continue to post ''idiotic threads'' as is my right so live with it. We are all slotracers and a rare breed so why keep having a go at each other. If something is outside peoples norm it is seen as rubbish, carp and not worth a light. Things got extremely personal on the thread that was removed, that is taking things too far. Some here will be burning Kindles soon

G

·
BIGTONE,
my "negative critiscism" signature is perfectly justified. Perhaps i should add "i don't post a load of boring cr*p" to it.

· Circuit Owner
5,958 Posts
QUOTE (SL0TCAR @ 8 Sep 2012, 14:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Returning to the main theme of the topic - 'What's wrong with this car?'

Here goes:- Can anyone tell me what's wrong with this Scalextric Aston Martin DB4 GT?

Now no falling out with each other over it chaps.

It looks to me as if this has been dipped in something in an attempt to remove the paint. Whatever it was clearly wasn't up to the job but did manage to soften the paint.

I had a similar effect when I attempted to strip a car coated in clear acrylic by dipping it in meths. The Meths softened the paint but it was like a heavy bitumen and a pain to remove. I had to finish it off with Isopropyul alcohol, a toothbrush and loads of scrubbing to get back to bare shell.

I think the Aston has been dipped, pulled out and then abandoned.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.