SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to make a few mods to some of my cars. Challenger needs more grip and is quite hit and miss with R2s and curve cross-overs. My Pro-Slot GT1 is fun drifting down the main straight but the bent axle and rubbish chassis doesn't help.

Also, A few fly cars tyres rub the bodywork so need some washers to space them out.

Where would I get these things from?

Thanks

·
Ric Woods
817 Posts
Pendle do carry a huge stock of spares. They also do little packets of plastic washers to go on axles.

Mooster

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
I think the cheapest option for washers and spacers is to buy brass tubing to suit and cut it down with a mini plumbers pipe cutter.

·
Alan Tadd
4,035 Posts
Pendle are excellent for spares, but also look at Get Slotted and Slot city, also for spares for older cars look at Slotbug and Phil Smith's excellent sites, or even your local model shop.

For other spares look at AB slotsport and SCD. Paints and adhesives from Grand Prix Models or Squires. Other modelling supplies from 4D Models.

Also don't discount getting spares from Australia, Patto's or America, Prof Motor, Electric dreams etc.

Just like Swiss I tend to make my own spacers from brass tube, although I don't have the luxury of a pipe cutter!.

Regards

Alan

PS As regards the Fly rear wheel rubbing on the arches, instead of cutting the arch try a small thin spacer beneath the mounting post.

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
chupa chup plastic lolly sticks make exelent spacers its 3/32 id plastic tube and you get to eat the lolly .

·
Matt Tucker
3,550 Posts
Chupa chup lolies now Graham!

I've ceased buying my kid Mars ice-creams and now I only purchase good old fashion ice lollies as I need the lolly sticks because your tips were so damn useful. Looks like the only sweets he's going to get in future are "chhupa chup"!?

Spares: GetSlotted, Pendle, ABSlotsport and local model shops
Matt

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
It isn't so much about saving pennies, but a length of brass tube and a cutter comes to about 5 quid and I havent run out of the first length in over a year.

What I find is that I end up with a whole sack full of spacers that are too long or too short, the common sizes I use up fast so I prefer to cut my own to length when I need them.

Wonder if my pipe cutter will cut chuppa chups plastic!

Off to cut the stems from my kids lollies - they said they liked gob stoppers anyway......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts