SlotForum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Where can I get Sports World from or am I way to late to even think about it?

Brett

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
Definitely the understatement of the week...

It is no longer supported, most was sold off at rock bottom prices just to get rid of it.

·
Circuit Owner
5,892 Posts
So where do you go from here?

C7042 advanced power base. This gives you great functionality and a reasonably large LCD display. Although it is a digital powerbase you can run it in analogue and get all the lap counting, timing to 1/1000th of a second etc. etc. if you want straightforward 2 lane racing. But then why would you when you can run 6 cars with lane changing and so on?

If you want snazzy displays without the hassle of a computer then RichG's "C7042 to VGA" thread is an option.

If you want full race control with a linked computer, fuel simulation and all sort of bells and whistles then there are several solutions. My favoured one (the one I bought and use) is SSDC along with PitPro with both entry and exit sensors. Buy the cabels, flash your C7042 to the latest firmware, instal the SSDC software and plug in the Pit Pro and you will be in digital racing heaven.

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
Hi Brett,
I suppose it depends if you're thinking about using, or 'collecting'. If it's to use, then as above you're probably better off spending on an APB, even if you don't use the digital mode. If you mean to collect, then probably ebay, although I don't see any on there at the moment.

I've got a sealed Sport World set in the loft I picked up for about £60 a few years ago. I'm (perhaps foolishly) hoping that in years to come it will be the equivalent of the James Bond set. I wonder if that's what everyone's thinking, as this SportWorld forum is very quiet, and the sets must all be somewhere...!
Cheers,
Richard

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Well, I use Sport World for my analog rally track and I am happy with It. It is a lot cheaper to get than the C7042 -and the lights are on without a chip ;-) If you are not thinking about going digital, or have 2 tracks (1 digit/1 analog), Sport World is a nice thing to add to your scalextric collection and use It too.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Keep your eye out on ebay and at swap meets if you want Sport World. A lot of the internet racing side is no longer supported, but it is a great analogue race management system. The digital C7042 along with some software like SSD Console also offers analogue chip-less racing and possibly a better overall experience, but Sport World still has a few features which are cool - I think some of the drag race and rally race options are better implemented on Sport World. Also it has a very nice track designer, database and race management system.

·
Premium Member
3,083 Posts
One on eBay recently LINKY

Start price £20, it failed to attract a bid and hasn't been relisted. The seller may be open to an offer if you get in touch with him.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I made the mistake of buying some Sport World stuff when I was a slotting newbie, well it was a small box set for adding on to Sport World, I paid about a tenner for it on eBay, thought it was a good buy anyway as it had 2 digital controllers in, BUT - when I got it - the controllers they had different buttons, they have no springs in the 2 buttons, so have no feel to them, they still work, but just didn't feel right for using on digital, but then I guess they were made for analogue use, doh!

So I sold it on, only got what I paid for it though. Supposed to have been retailed at about £60.

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
If anyone's interested here's a Sport World set on ebay, with a few hours to go it's at about £50:

sportworld

Cheers
Richard

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello dude.i was also trouble at this situation that where can i get the sports..but some of my frieds suggest to me the eBay is the best and right choice ..after the buy i find this is great helpful for me...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts