Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm lazy so...

Where can I get hold of some of the old style Scalextric contrates, like on their RS200 and Audi Quattro cars? The ones that take the older fat-headed pinion.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hello, Wankel,
What are "contrates"? (If I knew I might be of help.)

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Contrate is the gear on the axel of an inline car (motor shaft perpendicular to the axel). It's called a spur gear on a sidewinder (motor and axel in parallel).

What you want is a clear contrate presumably. They came in all old Scalextric cars. These are the ones that look like SCX cars, but have a Mabuchi with a fat, shaft extending pinion, instead of an RX motor.

I have one or two knocking around, but would prefer to keep them, so your best bet is a swapmeet where I saw a bucket full of them. Milton Keynes should provide some fruit, otherwise contact Pendle, he might have some old stuff, or know where to get it.

lotus

·
Registered
265 Posts
Thanks, Lotus

I know that as a "ring" gear, as in ring and pinion. I am going to a swap meet on sunday here, and I'll look.

·
Premium Member
5,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for that, Lotus. But I can't wait until next Feb! I kinda figured someone might be knocking out the little blighters.

Maybe I'll find some at the forthcoming Slough NSCC meet, which I assume, since I'm an arrogant Southerner and all things Southern seem to be big, will have quite a good number of stalls.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts