SlotForum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Premium Member
7,860 Posts
Ahem. You live in Oxford? Check out the link in my signature - you are welcome to come and play with us (although this week we are going to get all political before we race, yawn).

As for slot shopping in Oxford I'm afraid online is pretty much your only option for complicated trick items like controllers (you could come over to Ramsden one evening and try my selection of various resistors in Parma throttles). For the bread and butter stuff, i.e. cars; then Boswells department store in the city carries Scaley only; Dentons in Witney (I think there is another branch in Didcot) carries Scaley and was rumoured to be contemplating A.N. Other brand a while ago but I don't know if they followed through on that one; but the permanent model railway exhibition over in Bourton-on-the-Water (think we are in Gloscestershire now) used to carry a healthy mix of Scaley, Fly, SCX and Cartrix - but keep funny business hours before the tourist season kicks in, twice recently when I went over with intent, they were shut!

Oxfordshire is a bit of a slot oasis, as you may have already found out. For me, shopping is pretty much all done online or at swapmeets. I'd really like to support my local dealers but they don't carry anything I want.

Final pitch for our club is that we get a discount on most items with one of the online retailers.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.