SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I've finally decided to get some new hand controllers for my scalextric sport set, coz the standard ones are driving me crazy!! (on/off and not responsive) After reading some more advice on other topics, I was gonna get maybe some Redfox 40 ohm or more ideally Professor motor controllers.

I've been browsing quite a few websites without a lot of luck, including those through the shopping hyperlink in this forum. I am not a big fan on mail-orders or online shopping, I'd prefer actually going into a shop personally. How do you guys shop normally? This might sound a bit stupid, but are most of you guys from the UK? I live in Oxford and I don't mind travelling about (give me an excuse to drive), if there are any good shops around. I'd be very grateful for any suggestion.

Cheers!

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Wankel,

Thanks for inviting me over to your club, that sounds real cool! I can't wait to come along. I guess this will be a good way to learn more about slot cars and to meet some enthusiasts! Can you tell me when and where your club meetings are?

Cheers!

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hey Astro,

Just been to Henley Models and Miniature Today. The shop is kind of cool, although they don't stock a lot of accessories for slot cars. I was there for ages just browsing the cars and it was real hard not to buy anything!....... Well, I ended up with a Carrera Bentley Speed 8 Lemans car.

I rang up a model shop in Banbury earlier, asking if they stock any slot cars. The shop assistant replied "Scalextric". Then I asked her if they stock any cars from other manufacturers and she replied "Yeah, Vauxhall, Mercedes, Ford......":question: D'oh!!!

Obviously, I didn't go there in the end.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.