SlotForum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hey Astro,

Just been to Henley Models and Miniature Today. The shop is kind of cool, although they don't stock a lot of accessories for slot cars. I was there for ages just browsing the cars and it was real hard not to buy anything!....... Well, I ended up with a Carrera Bentley Speed 8 Lemans car.

I rang up a model shop in Banbury earlier, asking if they stock any slot cars. The shop assistant replied "Scalextric". Then I asked her if they stock any cars from other manufacturers and she replied "Yeah, Vauxhall, Mercedes, Ford......":question: D'oh!!!

Obviously, I didn't go there in the end.

· Premium Member
5,560 Posts
I do all my personal slot car shopping at John Dutfield, Wards Yard, 133 Springfield Park Road, Chelmsford, Essex. 01245 494455

They have an excellent range of Scalextric, Ninco, Fly, SCX offer a very friendly service and will order anything you want immediately if they don't have it at the time.

Otherwise I mail order with Pendles, Scale Models and MRE as well as almost all the NSCC swapmeets.

David

· Registered
5,926 Posts
The Scotland question is a good one since I had to try to buy a slot car there just before last Christmas - not easy, I can tell you.

The Scalextric web site was little use since many of the shops listed were no longer in business (vacancy for rep for Hornby in Scotland, obviously) but I did find one with quite a good range (Scalextric, SCX and Ninco I think) on the West side of Edinburgh, literally just off the road as you run in to town past the airport.

In Edinburgh centre, Wonderland has cars, again a good selection that includes Carrera.

Scott

· Brian Ferguson
4,318 Posts
Well, not much use to the majority here, but for Canadians in the Toronto area, I would recommend a trip to Panther Hobbies in Mississauga. Good prices, lots of cars. I bought everything I own from the internet, but that will now change, since Sean at Model Motorsport Canada, the Canadian Fly and Revell distributor told me about Panther. After a quick visit (well, okay, a two hour round trip) to grab some supplies, I came away vowing to go back for most future car purchases, and all of my non-car materials. In most cases, the prices are lower than ordering from the US, and definitely so by the time you pay postage and those silly "handling" and/or customs charges. Panther gets
from me!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.