SlotForum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Phil Smith
2,739 Posts
QUOTE Would it be worth "collectively" attending a Toy Fair. Maybe getting your own area rather than being 'in the general mix'. I'm sure if a few went together, some concession's might be won from the person putting it on. (High hope's, I know....)

Already been done at the NEC several years ago, at one time we almost had a complete row, and that's a lot of tables!
Was a great success almost like a mini slot car show all on it's own.

Alas no conccessions from the oraganisers.
The general demise of attendance at Toy Fairs meant it gradually withered away, the only Toy Fair I attend now is Sandown Park as it is quite local, wouldn't travel any further for one.

The Beanie Baby people (what happened to them!) used to do the same thing, might have been where we got the idea from, so at least something worthwhile came from the teddies

· Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
QUOTE... "Alas no conccessions from the organisers."

I thought at the time, that was a big ask. I've done year's of Market's and Country Music Festival's, and getting concession's
is like getting a straight answer from a Politician!!!!!!!!

· Registered
224 Posts
With Gaydon come and gone we have a long haul to the next UK slot car swapmeet. So just a reminder what that is:

Havant Scalextric Swapmeet Sunday 28 September 2014

We have already taken 30 table bookings. Our target is 35-45 which will pitch it at the same size or bigger as most events. So we're really pleased to have had so many enquirers that early.

That will leave us with a bit of space to fill at the far end for a couple of tracks. So local clubs are invited to contact us.

Everyone we speak to is being very positive about holding the event in Havant so we hope as many of you as possible who made Gaydon will come along.

The organisers for this event are myself (organiser Swindon) and Steve Cannon (co-organiser Gaydon).

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.