SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wondered if someone can recommend where you get your digital scalextric bits from?

Specifically, the initial digital conversion kit.

Secondly, digital cars, not just plug ready but actual digital cars.

So, why do I ask? Well, I dont know who to trust.

Jadlam looked great, but they have several negative reviews on their ebay shop and i dont want to be messed around. Plus they haven't even removed the chrismassy look from their website, doesn't show a company that cares, imo.

Anyway, I could be wrong but look forward to hearing your replies...

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Hi,

There are a few dealers you can try. Pendle Slot Racing and LD Discounts are both online and deliver within reasonable timescales. LD deliver normally within 3 days. Pendle are often quicker, particularly if you ring them. I have used Pendle for some years without any problems at all and LD Discounts ive used several times again, completely reliable so far. Both have a wide variety of digital racing equipment. The digital cars are a bit harder to come by these days as Scalextric mainly just do DPR cars now, but try both of the above first.

Good hunting!

Matthew

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Over the past year, I've used LDDiscounts, TopSlots n Trains, Pendle Slot Racing, Jadlam Racing Models (& Ebay). All top notch. No problems with any of my 30 or so orders. The only return I've made was a controller which failed after several months and Jadlam (Ebay) replaced it and even refunded my postage to send it back from France to the UK

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all, much appreciated, just going to have a gander at all of those options now...

·
Ian
99 Posts
Can't beat Pendle Slot Racing, fast reliable service "and" if you buy Plus membership of the forum you'll get discount it may not seem like much at first, but when you have been shopping with them for a while it all adds up

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
..... not only that, they know where those pesky reindeer are, if you ask them nicely!

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you're looking for an initial conversion kit, look at C7056 on the Scalextric web site.

They have a 'web exclusive' on this at the moment at just £49.99. You get a straight LC (£25-30), 4 Car PB (£?), transformer (£25-30), 2 controllers (£20-25), and full and half straights. The RRP on these is normally about £90!

Also, if you spend a little extra to take your order over £60, you don't pay any carriage.......Result!!

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
QUOTE (Boredfatman @ 22 Jan 2012, 19:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Specifically, the initial digital conversion kit.

Hello Boredfatman,
I've got a load of Scalextric Digital stuff for sale that includes way more than the conversion set that Scalextric do. Have a look here:

Scalextric Digital Conversion Kit

It's all new or nearly new condition too.
Cheers,
Richard

·
Registered
81 Posts
QUOTE (Boredfatman @ 22 Jan 2012, 19:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I just wondered if someone can recommend where you get your digital scalextric bits from?

Specifically, the initial digital conversion kit.

Secondly, digital cars, not just plug ready but actual digital cars.

So, why do I ask? Well, I dont know who to trust.

Jadlam looked great, but they have several negative reviews on their ebay shop and i dont want to be messed around. Plus they haven't even removed the chrismassy look from their website, doesn't show a company that cares, imo.

Anyway, I could be wrong but look forward to hearing your replies...

I keep hearing people saying negative about jadlam but if you imagine how many transactions they have yet had a few things go astray. I have used Russ quite a few times and have never had an issue, if anything I was very pleased with the timescales I got my deliveries.

I usually use jadlam, eBay or my local toy store where I've secured 10% discount.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (falkster @ 30 Jan 2012, 15:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I keep hearing people saying negative about jadlam but if you imagine how many transactions they have yet had a few things go astray. I have used Russ quite a few times and have never had an issue, if anything I was very pleased with the timescales I got my deliveries.

I usually use jadlam, eBay or my local toy store where I've secured 10% discount.

Interestingly, I have just ordered a couple of extra bits from Jadlam, via their eBay site, and they have been marked as dispatched already, so you are probably correct!

Here's hoping!

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
My first ever slot car purchase was from jadlam and I promised myself never to buy from them again. However, 3 years later and I gave them another chance - couldn't be happier with their service.

Obviously, you have the likes of pendles and topslotsandtrains from whom I have always received good service.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts