SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In one of the British Mags is a feature were would you like to spend the weekend if you could be anywhere on the planet.

So I thought Ok Let change this too where would you most like to spend a weekend slot racing and WHY, I want to see as many places as possible in the 700 posts as we all have somewhere we would love to be, I have several but my first choice is:

As a big fan of Australian Slot Car Review, I would love to be in Tasmania for the Australian rounds of the proxy race, I love the Australian attitude to slot cars which seems to be, they are built only for one purpose to be raced as hard as possible. I would love to race with Phil and Dave there.

So where would you like to be????????????

RR

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
I would like to take one of my light weight home build tripod chassis over to Chris Briggs track ,clean all the goop off then knock 1/2 a second off his lap record .
Then I might have a chance of winning next yrs proxy

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I would like to be at a certain 4lane Carrera Suzuka circuit, assuming I can take my cars with me on EasyJet or whoever. I would have a bevy of beautiful Grid Girls (Ok..slot groupies then!) pandering to my cars' every need. They could pander to my every need as well, but posiibly after the race...

GRAH1 - you can say what you really want to...don't hold back!! lol
Mark..

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
Hmmmm..... since my tenure in 1/32 is fairly short, and most of it has been here, and SF has given me the bulk of my knowledge in foreign club racing...... I'd like to be at Jonny's Phoenix club! Apparently awesome committment and superb facilities.

Failing that.... I'd like to go to Wrexham just to bug Inte!

And, either way, I'd like to get to Swiss Race Bahn!!!!!

·
Alan Tadd
4,034 Posts
Swiss Race Bahn for me to...It just looks so good.

Also Pheonix for the shear enjoyment everyone seems to get who race there.

Pendle/Bolton etc.....cause we gotta show these Northern Boys how to Race P68's!.

Regards

Alan

PS...Really anywhere where like minded individuals gather....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fergy,
The next place on my wish list of slot clubs is Canada, I would love to go to Canada to slot race.

As I had a great uncle who live there and used to tell us how wonderful it was like Wales only a thousand time bigger.

RR

·
Administrator
9,782 Posts
Jeff,
I'll second your wish for an Australian trip - loved the Aussie Slot Racing Review, and it sounds like a great bunch of guys (sorry, blokes), with a great attitude.

But if I had a time machine, I'd like to
a) go back to an ARRA rail racing meeting, and/or
go attack a Red/Blue King with my first scratch-built car once again...

cheers,
Don

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
QUOTE But if I had a time machine, I'd like to

Drive the 202 ft Accrington track with a modern car now that Im older and wiser

·
Jan Groosmuller
834 Posts
QUOTE (BEEJAY7 @ 26 Apr 2004, 23:59)...Really anywhere where like minded individuals gather....
Beejay nailed it !!

couldn't agree more, especially if the place where like-minded individuals gather is at the swiss race bahn

But then again, my own club isn't bad either (and much closer!!)...

Take a look, sorry but text is Dutch only

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
A grand tour of the American slot car circuits would be favourite in the Moped household as they do have a multitude of big circuits and slot car personalities over there.

Easy Rider country aswell. Now that does sound like fun.

Moped

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hi

The high point of my year, the Annual Slot Car Convention in Las Vegas every spring.

Friday morn, go to the track, race free all day with friends from all over the world. Family popps out to get me food. When the place closes at 10, we go to a late dinner and talk and talk until midnight or so. Bed, sleep, up at 9, back to the track by 10 and repeat all day saturday. Dinner, talk, bed, up Sunday at 9 and repeat AGAIN.

Thousands of cars from HO through 1/24. Dozens of "races, challenges and grudge matches". Slot car heaven

Fate

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Spring, Vegas, RadTrax, yep, that will suit me VERY nicely!
I'd love to meet all these amazing characters who give so much to our boards and our hobby in general.
I'd also just love to synchronise it with a trip to Luf Linkert's Archer raceway in Vancouver and might even manage one or both, next year, with a little bit of luck and a big wodge of sheckels.

Swissracer's pad in Egg, Zurich is another HIGHLY desirable visit and a good deal more accessible for an Eastern Atlantic dweller. Such a pity that these great venues and others are so many thousands of damned miles apart!

(and even more thousands in those piddly little kilometeres what they use over there!)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don,
I would love to go back in time and rail race Walkden Fisher at one of the ARRA meeting.

I love to go Archers raceway in Canada and race Lari Davidson.

I would also love to slot race in South Africa in Capetown and see Tabletop mountain from the sea.

Best wishes,

Jeff.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
In my dreams I take a year out and fly around the planet visiting the club and home tracks of the guys who post on SF. I`ve learned a lot since I signed up here and now understand much beter the sheer variety of ideas we share on this great hobby.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts