SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Peter Christie
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone..great forum for reviews & views.
Please advise me on my choice of 'super car'...£40-50.
I run a few scrubbers & newish ones...normally ones from box sets. I wish to buy a proper car!!! My choices are
Fly Saleen S7R Daytona 2001 ,
Fly Venturi 600 LM Le Mans 1995,
Fly-45 LOLA B98/10 Fly Racing 04 LMP-R Slot Car ,
Fly Lister Storm 2000 GT Silverstone ,
Dodge Viper 3-R Racing No22 Slot Car Scalextric 2522A,
SCALEXTRIC SLOT CAR: MG LOLA EX257 NO 16..or all of them eventually.

My track is mixed with a longstraight (standard lengths) and multiple bend complexes...I love to see them slice through , & enjoy learning to slideeeeeee!
Cheers...peter.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Welcome, Nitro.....
try a Slot-It Porsche 956 in your choice of livery, rig it out as sidewinder and run the race mag by the rear axle. Once run-in, it will be a good, solid, consistent performer with excellent "feel" in and out of the turns. I run a 3.6 gear in it and just love the car. Excellent value for the performance in my book. For super-rocket speed with little modification (running mag) try an MRRC cobra. The reigning speed leader on our track currently. If your bent on a Fly, the Beemer M3's are superb. They come with the race motor and truly fly once run-in. Stay away from any Fly with lights as they don't last long at all(and the company doesn't answer inquiries about them). Any of these cars can be "hot-rodded" fairly easily so don't despair if you get a slug.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My fastest car, and best handling car, is the Fly Lola B98/10 12h. Sebring 1999 (black with flames). Got it over ebay for $39.99 + $12 shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=5931580804

It beats my own SCX Judd Dome 101 S with Competition Pro motor (and my friends' Judd Domes of course), it beats the Scalextric Lister Storm too, so now I'm kicking my friends' asses everytime we race.

The most "super" car IMO. The acceleration and top speed is phenomenal, and the handling is superb.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My choice would be the Scaley MG Lola out of the cars you listed. If you like to slide around a little I might suggest a Rally car minus the magnet or maybe a Scaley Mustang minus the magnet, I really like the Trans Am series. Harry is right about the Slot-It cars they do not disappoint although I prefer to run w/o magnets and they are just as strong performers w/o the mag.

Just one mans opinon for what it's worth,
Tdaddy

·
Peter Christie
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for your comments...keepem commin,
...are there different versions of the scalextric lolas....normal/sport..as prices really vary

·
Registered
506 Posts
HI
My problem is that I buy the car that fancies my eye then I add a MRRC red can motor and a few mags to get stuck down, I think You can make anything stuck down if You are not stuck on using stock equipent. I personelly don't mind to cheat a bit, after all aren't we not doing this to have a good time?
Ops ran out of wine.
I hope that You pick the car that You like.
CADDY

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
All the comments are good so far.

I agree that the lola b98 is the fastest of the bunch. personally I prefer driving the scalextric lola, unless I need to win!!!! (there is no conclusive proof that the Sport version is any quicker, although it comes with metal bushes and an optional extra button magnet)

I have 2 saleens, which I think is the most beautifully modelled car ever (along with the Fly Corvette C5R). (Not my top 1:1 cars ever, but the modelwork, engine detail, interior, vents etc... wow). My first saleen was a bit of a pig on the track, my second one is brilliant and fast.

good luck with your choices!

·
Peter Christie
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[I have 2 saleens, which I think is the most beautifully modelled car ever (along with the Fly Corvette C5R). (Not my top 1:1 cars ever, but the modelwork, engine detail, interior, vents etc... wow). My first saleen was a bit of a pig on the track, my second one is brilliant and fast.

WHICH MODEL/COLOUR DID YOU HAVE PROBS WITH...? JUST ORDERED THE BLACK ONE WITH BLUE WHEELS..........!!

good luck with your choices!
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

THANK-YOU...WILL KEEP ALL POSTED

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.