SlotForum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will soon be purchasing a Slot.It Group C car (possibly Toyota 88C) to race on a digital track. The club that I race at allows no modifications to this class of car therefore it is going to remain standard. Would there be any advantage to using the Slot.It SP12 chip as opposed to a Scalextric C7005 F1 chip ? Other racers in the club have successfully used the Scalextric chip in a variety of cars fitted with the stock Slot.It 21.5 k motor.
Steve

·
Greg Gaub
14,658 Posts
I wish I knew how. When I tried to chip a stock slot.it Group C with a Scaley F1 chip, it wouldn't go more than a foot. The motor pulls too many amps for the Scaley chip.
I would install the slot.it chip for a couple reasons. First, you KNOW it will work with their motor. You also know that it won't burn out unexpectedly in the future. Finally, the slot.it chips have better throttle response than the scaley ones, at least in my experience. It also fits very well, as it's designed for their chassis and needs no glue or anything to stay in. The only soldering needed is the motor output to the motor.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have found that the Scalextric DPR plug in chips work fine with Slot.it orange motors, no problems here, cars run awesome.

Best to use the Slot.it chip in a Slot.it car though.

Maybe I have just lucked out with my Scaley DPR chips and Slot.it orange motors.

Not tried the saloon chip yet though with a Slot.it motor.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
It seems that all of the Scalextric chips are essentially the same with the exception of the F1 DPR. They use the same components just different layouts ... so you might be OK. Standard Scaley chips are normally good to at least 20k rpm and maybe a little bit more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts