Green12.38%
Blue37.14%
Orange00.00%
Multi49.52%
Carbon Finish511.90%

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I have various colour cars and i am convinced that my yellow cars go a bit faster than my red ones.
I would be interested in other members opinions. I think the multicolour cars are the slowest because they have more paint on them.
Please vote.

·
Jon Grainger
3,825 Posts
Hi Graeme,

Thinking about it, I seem to drive slower if its a car I have painted, not sure if I take it a bit easier because I know how much work went into painting it?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Another question of course to follow on would be "Does my bum look big in this colour!"

I was in a local BMW dealer last year booking my Mini in for a service when I overheard some well dressed young woman tell a salesman that she would like to buy a secondhand 3 series. He asked her back would she like a diesel, petrol, automatic, etc, and she told him "it doesn't matter, I just want a black one" (I could see his eyes light up as he probably had an unsaleable large engined expensive to tax black one he could unload on her!)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Ask any local yoof and he'll tell you.....................

The fastest cars have holes driled in the exhaust, obscenely loud stereos, stripes, furry dice and led's everywhere, and are 'Grey Primer' coloured

Dave

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
If you think a particular colour is faster that could influence your driving so it's possible you'll drive it faster.

If a car is much the same colour as the track, it can be more difficult to see exactly what it's doing so maybe you'll drive it slightly worse.

If a car's colour camouflages the lane sticker, you are at risk of being marshalled more slowly or in the wrong lane.

If a car is the same colour scheme as another in the same race, some drivers have been known to get mixed up about which is their's. (I have seen cars wrecked because the driver thought he was driving another car.)

·
Registered
375 Posts
I believe in Rally a mixture of colours is faster. The correct combination of blue, red, white and yellow has been proven to be faster than any other car time after time.

·
Registered
420 Posts
It's usually difficult to tell which colour I am driving because it spends more time with its wheels in the air waiting to go back on the track

·
David H
3,724 Posts
Yellow is slowest, red is fastest. Two-tone paint schemes play havoc with handling because one colour tries to overtake the other. Colour influenced handling characteristics can be mitigated slightly by wearing polarising sun-glasses.

The colour speed phenomenon was first identified by Newton. He saw that dark green apples fell from the tree at a greater speed than light green "Golden Delicious". One can determine which car will win a race by applying Newton's third law of rainbows: x+r~4=2¢

·
Registered
326 Posts
Clearly must be a question about physics.

"Reflection involves a change in direction of waves when they bounce off a barrier. Refraction of waves involves a change in the direction of waves as they pass from one medium to another. Refraction, or the bending of the path of the waves, is accompanied by a change in speed and wavelength of the waves."

Surely all this reflection and transfering of momentum from the rays of light must slow the cars down drastically. *nods*

·
Registered
289 Posts
Not quite on topic,but I lntend one day to paint a white kit such as a Slot-it,in German WW1 lozenge-pattern camouflage,such nice colours.

The Germans had panache & a sense of humour in their aircraft embelishment in the first world war.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts