Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Frederick
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone
I'm a little bit stuck on a car choice of mine. Now I'm not sure if these 2 cars are out yet or if there coming later in 2005. These 2 cars are both Revell-Monograms. There is a jaguar e-type No.15 and a jaguar e-type No.16. Now despite having the same name and almost identical numbers these 2 cars look very different. The No.15 has pointy edges and not as many rounded edges as the no.16 and the no.16 has very rounded edges and has a shape similar to the Shelby Cobra Coupe. At first I thought the No.16 was better but it doesn't have much of a paint job compared to the no.15 which has stripes and decals which the no.16 doesn't have. So I was wondering if you see a picture of these 2 cars please tell me which one you think I should get next. The No.15 or No.16. I just can't decide!!!
By the way tell me about the cars performance as well because I've just been talking about the looks so far.

·
Jim Moyes
4,999 Posts
Firstly, welcome to the forum, Fwick!

The Revell E-types aren't out yet, but will be very soon. Probably next month.

The cars they have modelled are the low-drag coupe and the lightweight, hence the different shapes/liveries. Both are correct and I think it's great that Rev/Mon have offered us a choice. As to which one should you get, that's really a decision only you can make and not one I can even make for myself.

I'm going to have to have both

Mr.M

·
Frederick
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seems that you've mad your mind up about which car to get Mr.M. You want to get both. I thought long and hard about which one I should buy in the future and decided that the shape was more important then the paint job so I will get the No.16 Jaguar E-Type. However I might still pick up the No.15 later as well.

·
Registered
530 Posts
If it is really that close of a call, wait until you can eyeball each version. Often I decide which car to buy over another, by comparing the finish execution on the models. Production variations might be the deciding factor on a close call.

Knowing you purchased the better example, when both are good choices, works for me.

·
Frederick
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tip beach cruiser. I have now made up my mind however and want to get the No.16 Jaguar E-Type.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts