SlotForum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
David Moss
461 Posts
I have 2 layouts now that will fit into my attic and I thought I'd ask you lot which you prefer. Simple, huh?

All cross-overs and elevation changes have been considered and are practical, I just don't know which to chose.

BacardiBeast

·
Rob
3,430 Posts
Nice tracks BB!

Go for the top one. If you don't you'll be forever kicking yourself for not building that long straight!

Rob

PS How far from Gloucester to you?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I'd go for the first one simply because of hte long straight. I'd personally try to upen the RH end up a little to have a deadly quick bit, a middly bit & that crunchy hairpin but that's only my preferences. (Given up on bridges - prefer to make it undulate & pop in a hairpin or two to slow the shorter lane more - takes some messing about to get it to work though)

·
Registered
90 Posts
How about the second one but take out the chicane and make the back straight long as on track 1 - I think that would be better still!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
QUOTE (cl_jagman @ 27 Oct 2004, 02:52)How about the second one but take out the chicane and make the back straight long as on track 1 - I think that would be better still!
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the same way too!

cheers

G.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I think track 2, but with the straight of track 1. I would loose the chicane on the straight of track 2. I'm not really a big fan of bridges either - boring huh?

·
Registered
752 Posts
As has been said above...

Number 2, but lose the chicane on the main straight

Remember one basic principle K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple, Stoopid!
)

Don't feel obliged to stuff as much track into the space as possible.

Best regards,

-Rob

ps Trust me, crossovers straight after the start = bad idea!

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
The second one would be better than the first for me if as above you got rid of the bus-stop on the straight, and in addition kept the multi-radius curve (curve 8-10 I think, the dog foot one just before you get back to the start) some how. It looks fun.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
totally agree about crossovers and chicanes near the start being a bad idea - means some people are going to have to slow down to let others go first EVERY race! Not much chance for cars to develope a natural lead...

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'd def take track two. It looks more challenging and therefore will probably provide more longevity. I would also be tempted to keep the chicane on the back straight but move it right to the end going into the hairpin.

·
Registered
21 Posts
QUOTE (The Muffin Man @ 27 Oct 2004, 13:25)I'd def take track two. It looks more challenging and therefore will probably provide more longevity. I would also be tempted to keep the chicane on the back straight but move it right to the end going into the hairpin.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

take track two but let the long straight in the back run into a hairpin/anders

1 - 19 of 19 Posts