SlotForum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a electronics store today and they carried mabuchi motors. I was wondering which ones are used in the standard Scalextric cars and also which ones are in the brand new F1 cars. I ask this as the motors were only like 3 dollars. They said that they can order most of the motors for me. So if any of you can help me that would be super!

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
merry Xmas Steve
those motors sound as if they are going to be lower voltage motors possible 3 to 5 volts, i could be wrong (usually am where the wife is concerned) best thing to do is ask the store staff what the max volt's you can put through them but if they are any thing like the staff at our local maplins electronic store's here in the UK there answer is "er i think it will be okay" or "i will have to ask somebody else if they know"
but for $3 it could be worth taking a chance and see if they could take the volt's some thing for you to do over christmas

have good crimbo
DR STICKY aka Robbo

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
The 130 is the size you need. I have got a few from an electronics place that were rated at 1.5-3v, but work fine at 17v. They were the metal endbell, Playfit type motors, but will fit in most cars with a little glue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts