I just bought a SCX Ford Focus. It took me less than half an hour to kill
the motor, a RX81.

Which one should i replace it with
(Im driving without magnets!)

Motor

·
Registered
543 Posts
suggest another rx81. these motors can need a long break in period before full throttle running. i usually hang the motor from.......a.......doorknob for several hours with 9 volts of dc current applied. make sure the motor is turning the right way.

or try scx pro-turbo 4x4 motor. faster than the rx81.

usually when running w/out magnets in a rally the rx81 is plenty fast.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can try also with a ts5 of team slot, that have the same box, its a little bit faster, but nervous, on the other hand, you have more magnetic traction, that in rally is so important. I know another option but out of spain its difficult to find, its the motor of the collectable altaya rally pro, the rx81d, that have mor punch that the normal rx81.
Greetings and sorry of my english

·
Registered
1 Posts
It´s very strange that you have brake it in only half an our. I suggest you to reply for the garanty to the shop. I have more than 250 cars with this motor and I do not brake anyone.
Sorry for my english.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I believe that Cartrix also makes a 4wd replacement motor for the SCX rally cars. I have not tried one, but I have a 2wd Cartrix Hyundai rally car that is amazingly fast.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I would also recommend the Rx-81 or the Pro 4x4 motor. I have an SCX Impreza (new one) that has an RX-81 and it goes like stink, I'd just like to think what it would go like with the Pro. Stick with the motor it came with, then you can't go round because the motor was made for the car or vice versa.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts