im going to buy a new car and im wondering which of these 3 i should get:
scaley cooper s (italian job ,sport) £22
spirit lola £20
gb track chevron £15

which one?

·
Registered
238 Posts
I don't have the lola but have read good reports about it being fairly quick (if you can put up with the initial noise!).

I have a couple of scaley sport coopers and to be honest I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. They are amongst my most disappointing cars. Others will probably disagree, but I find them no fun at all on the track. The combination of short wheel base/high centre of gravity and magnet means they flip over at the drop of a hat

·
Jan Groosmuller
834 Posts
QUOTE (The Muffin Man @ 9 Apr 2004, 09:21)I don't have the lola but have read good reports about it being fairly quick (if you can put up with the initial noise!).

I have a couple of scaley sport coopers and to be honest I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. They are amongst my most disappointing cars. Others will probably disagree, but I find them no fun at all on the track. The combination of short wheel base/high centre of gravity and magnet means they flip over at the drop of a hat

Lola noise will gradually diminish, but not disappear completely IMHO...
Scaley cooper is not properly "planted".. adding a bit of lead will help but it still is a small, narrow car which will drive accordingly, so easy on the trigger will help you

Depending on what you will be doing with the car (magnets versus lead, hot motors versus stock...) it looks to me as the GB chevron will be a good choice, but that is my own observation...

good luck

Jan

·
Alan Tadd
4,035 Posts
The Chevrons, on a fun/Pound basis are some of the best cars out there.

They handle superbly and are pretty quick and nippy round the corners. They also stand up pretty well to the odd crash (or two), providing you remove the mirrors.

Very underated car and can be picked up very cheaply from some of the Suppliers
that frequent this Forum, or there is always Ebay.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Go for the Chevron

Those minis are a travesty to the only car deserving of the name Mini (and Cooper for that matter)

Mark.

·
John Roche
4,202 Posts
QUOTE the only car deserving of the name Mini (and Cooper for that matter)

I'm not sure about that. What about Coopers illustrious GP career, they started putting the engine behind the driver (I know Auto Union did it before the war). Two world championships for Jack Brabham and wins for Stirling Moss, Bruce McLaren, John Surtees and Pedro Rodriguez.

Cooper were also responsible for the rear engined revolution at Indianapolis and their sports cars contributed to the birth of Can Am when people started putting big american engines in the back.

John

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
unfortunately due to computer acess problems i could not read any posts untill now (7pm), but i bought the cooper and i dont see what your problems are with it
its one of the more fun cars to drive, ive got plenty of uber magnetic cars that i never drive, the cooper is a challenge it does flip and such but still i like it a lot
what do u think about a fly panoz £10 usa special edition?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
QUOTE (vfr750 @ 9 Apr 2004, 14:54)QUOTE the only car deserving of the name Mini (and Cooper for that matter)

I'm not sure about that. What about Coopers illustrious GP career, they started putting the engine behind the driver (I know Auto Union did it before the war). Two world championships for Jack Brabham and wins for Stirling Moss, Bruce McLaren, John Surtees and Pedro Rodriguez.

Cooper were also responsible for the rear engined revolution at Indianapolis and their sports cars contributed to the birth of Can Am when people started putting big american engines in the back.

John
Whoops! Apologies VFR! Of course the RACING cars are deserving of the name. I was just wrapped up in ranting about a small road car

Mark.

·
John Roche
4,202 Posts
No need for apologies, I'm just a bit of an old fart who loves old race cars.

John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts