SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys ve been reading the forum trying to get as much info as possible but still not to sure on whats best for me.
I currently have a 4 car PB, a v1.5 6 car PB and I believe a v1.2 6 car PB thats faulty. Im sure i can repair the faulty PB one of the mosfets looks to be fried.

My faulty PB is the same as this am I right in thinking this is v1.2. (TR2 is fried)

Now the problem I have is I want to run the 6 car PB but understand that its not quite up to the job. I'll be racing up to six standard scalextric cars with custom led lights fitted to all cars.
Ive currently got 9xCLC, 2xXLC and 2xPit lanes.

Whats the best way to get the best out of my PB? Was thinking of having the 4 car PB as a slave. Should I power all my LC seperatly?
How much would it cost to get the simple H mod and PB pro done?
I will be getting the advance PB in a couple of months so shall i just sit tight untill then?

Just a couple of pics of my tracks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also whats the best way to add power tap cables?
Do you link the track piece next to the PB to track piece 10, and then link 11-20,21-22 and so on or do you run as many power taps as needed from the closest point to the PB?

·
Greg Gaub
15,345 Posts
I would suggest just waiting to get the APB. Do the high power mod as Riko shows, and you're golden. It doesn't hurt to power lane changers separately, which can be helpful when you want to turn the voltage way down.

For your power taps, you want the fewest friction connections as possible, so either a "sunburst" type where all taps come from the same originating track (the PB, or the track right off of it), or a "daisy chain" where the track you tap to is the same one you come from for the next jump. Soldering the connections between the wires and rails will be best in any case.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.