SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm using some of the regular modern Scalextric controllers for my home track and I'm rewiring them for 3 pin plugs. Unfortunately I just seem to be stripping the screws taking the controller apart so I'm struggling to get them apart so I can see which wire colour is the brake, positive and negative wire.

The choices are red, black and blue. Can anyone help me out and tell me which one is which.

Thanks,

Gareth

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks CoopDevil. That site is very useful but I do still need to know which colour wire goes into which pin on the plug so it looks like I'll have to find a better screwdriver and have a second go at opening up the controller. Once I have managed it, I will post my results as I'm sure others will find this information useful....assuming of course that Scalextric always use the same colour wires for the same jobs. I have heard this is not always the case.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Dave,

That is an excellent tip! Thanks mate.

Yep, see you at WHO on Wednesday. I presume you'll be running your usual rocketship Nascar from EAHORC? I need to raise my rear tyre height to hope to keep up with you!

Cheers

Gareth

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Gareth

Still not very clear, is it and if you are not sure ?? I'll try to waz you up a diagram showing both ends of the connection. In between appointments at the moment so will be about three hours and I will elaborate a bit more and try not to make a mess

Best - Rusty

·
Registered
46 Posts
Gareth if you don't know where the wires come from and you need to setup to BSCRA standard on a three pin plug the only way to check without opening the controller up is with a continuity meter - if you don't have one a low power battery and a bulb will do.

At rest the only two wires that will light your bulb are brake and slide (trigger) - the wire that does not is Power (white)

Once you move the trigger the only wires that will now light your bulb are power & slide - the wire that does not is Brake (Red)

Which highlights the Slider/Trigger (Black) wire.

Diagram and pic below should help you not make the mistakes I did.

Hope this doesn't blow you away the wrong way - Rusty

Rectangle Font Parallel Schematic Handwriting

Jewellery Cable Audio equipment Metal Fashion accessory

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.