SlotForum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Aha ..... you found the gotcha as well

It is not the way you think ......... ignore the legs - look at the LED and the biggest part goes to +ve and the smallest part to the -ve

·
Registered
39 Posts
Are you guys suggesting that changing the LED would be a good fix if not a convenient upgrade? What color/size is it?
CE

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Ok Greg

So on the chip is it marked +ve and -ve ?? ( not got one here at the moment )

I have a couple that have the LED's covered with Glue and also one that has the LED cracked somehow

Or then again I might be working on something else

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
Michael.the glue should be able to be removed with a q tip soaked in a little thinners or acetone.

But i would remove it from the car first as both the above dont get on well with certain plastics.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Hi Micheal
I got super glue on one of my led's I just used a stanley knife to clean it off works fine.
regards ade.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ade,

I have a cunning plan

Also a couple of cars I bought god knows what they had put on them but I can shift it
Looks like on one they have tried to get it off with sand paper lol

Michael

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Hi .... back from wet and windy Weymouth!

The red wire goes to the -ve terminal and the black wire goes to the +ve one; which not the way you would expect. Fit the LED and leave the body off. Sit the car on a powered up PB and the LED should glow a very deep and dim red but only if you are in a darkened room. It doesn't hurt to wire the wrong way round , but too much heat will destroy it.

Top tip ...... when siting an IR LED use a 2.8mm drill not the 3mm recommended by Scalex ........ you will get a good interference fit and the bulb will protrude by just the right amount.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts