SlotForum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
redstar
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,heres some 1/24th scale cars by White Point of Germany. 1-Alfa Romeo,2-Lancia, 3-Fiat Abarth 1000, 4-NSU, 5- Volvo.Thanks,Bernard

·
Administrator
9,652 Posts
First time I've seen that Volvo 544 Bernard, thanks! Do you know if they did any other Volvos, especially the 122? (an old family car, painted orange by my brother in 68 or so... figures!).

White Point was an interesting approach, and it was one of the classes we used in informal races here.

Don

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Old Volvos. Aah. Love 'em. I had a South African-built twin-carb 122S from the mid-60s into the early 70s. Classic white/ivory/whatever. Great car in its day. Successful on the racetrack as well as in rallies. Not just for leafy suburbs in the US. Only 1800cc but my wife still fondly remembers cruising at 100Mph on the way from Jo'burg to visit family in Botswana, and we loved it enough to take it back to the UK.
Don: I suppose you know that Steve Francis and Dave Capelen (as SMK) have just produced a two-door 122/Amazon shell. Not the same or as easy as a contemporary RTR, but I'm tempted.
Thanks again, Bernard. Those White Points look strongly built. When were they made and what was the motor?
Rob J

·
Administrator
9,652 Posts
In fact, I think White Point has gone out of business, last I heard. It was a one man operation.

The motors are indeed Buhler and the chassis is a tough plastic. The tires are very hard foam, hard to cut but give good traction without any additives.

Thanks for the 122 info Rob, they were indeed great cars... and I might be tempted to actually do a resin!

Don

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Thought the motor looked vaguely familiar. I have a Buhler in a 1/32 Stabo Porsche 904.
For anyone doing a search, it's also spelt Buehler. Maybe a German-speaker can put us right. Perhaps it's Buhler with an umlaut on the u and Buehler for anglophones, like the N'ring.
Early Carreras apparently had Buhler/Buehler motors.
Rob J

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hello ,
I don`t think that this black motor is from Bühler . Here in germany it is called a "black Carrera Motor" and it is used in several race series . It is build from variuos producer like Racegold or Scaleauto ( SC02 ) . Its a 18D with 18.000 u/min and be used with 18 - 20 V .

Greetz from germany , Ralf

·
Pete Shepherd
1,689 Posts
I think the #35 car is a Fiat 124 and not a Lancia. Interesting cars though, I presume they were built not that long ago?

Thanks,

Pete

·
redstar
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Pete,you are right it is a a Fiat 124. I think these were made in the early 1980s. Thanks for the correction,Bernard

1 - 9 of 9 Posts