"White" Slot.it Porsche 956

3K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  howmet tx 
#1 ·
Newly listed..... Slot.it SICA02z Porsche 956 Unpainted

Hopefully it will be in kit form!

With kind regards

Russell

#7 ·
A gentleman indeed. In his former life, Maurizio actually worked for Ferrari and for the Life F1 team, as an electronics engineer.

Unfortunately, the Life project was doomed to failure, as it was massively underfunded. Although the W12 engine was revolutionary, and bear in mind that Ferrari and Life were the only teams not using Cosworth engines in 1990, Life never had more than one chassis and two engines and hardly any spares. Despite the best efforts of drivers Gary Brabham and Bruno Giacomelli, the car failed to qualify for any GPs.

Kind regards

Russell

#8 ·
YES!!!!
That was 1989 (or 1990), and I even drove the car - albeit only while being sadly towed to the pit lane, which happened every time - but I did one whole lap at Magny Cours behind a Renault Espace :)

Overall, 4 motors were built (and my graduation thesis was on that engine). At the dyno bench it reached 480 Hp, but a total lack of funding made it impossible any further development. At the end of the year, we tried developing the 4 central cylinders only on a shoestring and increased the power by 30 Hp - which combined would have yeld roughly 80/90 Hp more. The motor was never tested however with this new development on all cylinders. I assume it could have reached approx 600 Hp (more or less like a Judd engine then) with more development but its limit of 12500 RPM was quite evident by the sheer size of the main rod which caused a very heavy load on the bushing - IMHO.

Best regards

Maurizio

Oh, BTW, I confirm the white P956 - I cannot confirm it will be in kit form yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.