SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Amazing how it dries immediately!
Bet some of the slot builders could make an awesome car with that stuff!

Jouef would have sold you a nice shiney chrome or gold car for 21 shillings back in the 1960s Pete!

Cheers
Kev.

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Already done it!

We tested the system at work for a project and it works well. - It's a 14 stage process with drying times between, but it works very well.

We tested it on 6 resin trophies i'm using as prizes in the 2012 SlotRallyGB championship:

In Chrome

With gold tint applied

With Decals applied

Sorry, but the photos really don't do it justice.

Gareth

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
dont we have any plastic chomer company,s here, there 10 a penny in the usa. they chrome plastic bits for motorbikes ect. i,m sure a set of bumpers or a whole car body wouldn,t be much.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
QUOTE (stoner @ 26 Sep 2012, 14:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>dont we have any plastic chomer company,s here, there 10 a penny in the usa. they chrome plastic bits for motorbikes ect. i,m sure a set of bumpers or a whole car body wouldn,t be much.

I think the key is that the system demonstrated is DIY. But one can buy chrome paint that works Ok. I'm not a Mclarten fan but I could see a chrome Osterero F1?

·
WRP World Champ 2015/2016
4,284 Posts
The finish on Jexy1's trophy is absolutely astonishing. I had previously thought all non-conductive materials had been dipped to attain this level of finish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts