SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a few chassis bits the other that included the back half of a chassis that I don't recognise. It's the one second from the left. Apparently there's one pictured on Bernard's site but I can't get to it as all my devices block Adobe flash. Thanks Steve C

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I posted this pic to my local vintage racing group as a corona virus isolation activity: "name the maker and car model they came from". The first one is pretty pedestrian but the others tested them. One other Jap slot collector picked them all except the mystery one second from the left. Test yourselves.

·
Administrator
9,699 Posts
Hmm, maybe I overestimated my abilities here Steve - they pretty much all have me stumped except for the easy one.

I think the middle one is a Climax, but after that... The name Gakken occurred for the mystery chassis, but just checked and it didn't seem to jibe.

Be interested to know the others too...

Don

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried replying twice on my laptop, but it kept freezing. I'm trying my phone now. Hopefully the laptop doesn't unfreeze later and triplicate the post. So, Don, the middle chassis is not gakken. It's from a very prolific manufacturer, but they only used this chassis in a single car. 2nd from the right is plastic. Far right has a clue: the guide. Only helps if you have one of their other cars

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Left to right:
Testors, from many of their cars
Mystery chassis
Tokyo plamo mini. The wheelbase is the clue here
Gakken from their Ferrari 330 (you were just one car out Don)
Otaki BRM

A very unusual mix. They came with a Tamiya sidewinder sports car chassis and a Tamiya stocker chassis. Anyone got a spare Otaki BRM body kicking around? No? I didn't think so.

So I still need to id that second chassis.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Tokyo plamo has a stainless steel chassis, but it's as soft as spaghetti. I think the Tokyo plamo and Otaki are both on the lascm site

1 - 8 of 8 Posts