SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Be good to see you at the Barn Deane!

Not sure what I'll be running yet but probably an SG+ as it seemed to be the optimal car in August.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Looking forward to this. Remember I want to be known as Randy for this night as thats my NASCAR name. Hank and Buck are up for grabs if you want one too.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
QUOTE (RobinRacer @ 3 Nov 2011, 11:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looking forward to this. Remember I want to be known as Randy for this night as thats my NASCAR name. Hank and Buck are up for grabs if you want one too.

I found your dream t-shirt in a vintage clothes shop yesterday. Depending on how much it is, I may have to buy it for you to wear on the 7th December. Very appropriate and you'll love it!

That Superbird/Daytona above is one that I actually don't want! Amazing!

·
Andy Player
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pattos does #43 Dinoco decals, so it must be real.

The Talladega Nights liveries would go nicely on the Johnny Lightning Chevys.

Anyone racing the #55 Perrier car would - of course - have to race whilst drinking an espresso and reciting Camus.

Probably easier than racing with the mother-of-all-nosebleeds though

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Can I crash with somebody on the wednesday night? My plan is to drive home as soon as the racing ends, but if I am knackered it's nice to know their is a bed I can crash into, hopefully my only major crash of the night

I am really looking forward to this. Have I mentioned how good being a UK HO racer is nowadays LOL

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I would love to offer you a place to crash Deane but I live in a small flat with no parking! Hopefully someone with a bit more space will come up trumps for you.

And racing Disney cars might not be the EAHORC way, but it is the WHO way and I think that'll add a fun touch to the last meeting of the year.

On that kind of subject, the SCHORC boys and I were talking about the possibility of some kind of Screen Cars race where everyone had to have a car from TV or film. The General Lee, Batmobile, DeLorean and A Team van are all (and the Disney Cars of course) out there along with some more I've probably forgotten so it would be a fun thing to do. Tricky to find equality between 4-Gears, MTs and whatever other chassis are under the bodies but nothing insurmountable.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Gareth, I am the ultimate believer in 'when in Rome', so I will just enjoy the evening.

The screen cars themed race sounds fun. There are all those Fast and Furious cars for a start.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
When I was in Rome I found a really nice pub...it was an Irish theme pub!

So you'll be racing Lightning McQueen then?

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I've got the Tyco Lightning McQueen and Doc Hudson, these both came with 3.5 ohm arms BTW, and a Fast and Furious Skyline is on the way to me as we speak.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hello Chaps. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the NASCAR rules for 2011 (as per the website):

Motors:

Stock and original manufacturer magnets only and only two motor magnets being used in any chassis at a time. Stock manufactures armatures only with no alterations such as balancing, expoxing, dewinding etc. Armatures must be approx 6 ohm with exception to the Life Like 3 ohm armature which must be only used with *Life Like T chassis.

So that means no Tyco's/Mattels with 3.5 ohm arms. Body wise the Disney cars are still ok though.

Any questions pm me

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
As Worthing is a nearly 4 hour drive from mine, I don't think I need to worry about the rules, it's a bit too far to come for an evenings racing, though it must be a fair old drive for Deane.
Bizarrely I've been through Worthing twice this year, never been there before, once was because the M3 was blocked and the second time was on our way to Arundel castle, which I'd seen on the first trip.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts