SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
The next race will be the second round of the Mod class Championship. These are the fastest cars we run at the club. Remember, you can use one of our club cars or race your own car that complies with the rules.

It is very possible that one of the new Tomy AFX Le Mans prototypes will race on 6 April:

As usual, doors will open at 6.30pm for practice. After some big attendances lately we will aim to start the heats a few minutes before 7pm and end around 9.30pm. We may revise these timings in the future, but they stay for this round.

Our race sheet is limited to a maximum of forty people. Entry is £2.50 per racer (spectators free). If you race your own car you'll get a 50p discount.

To keep up with the latest WHO Racing news and receive notifications in your facebook and twitter newsfeeds, follow WHO_Racing on twitter and click the 'like' button on our facebook page

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I'll be bringing the Beast back for its second appearance at WHO but this time I'll be buying a new low slung Group C shell from the club shop to try and improve on my 2nd place from last time.

I built a new test track at home last night and ran an LL-M, an LL-T and the Beast with a JL shell and it blew everything away. The LL-T does have some issues though. I think one of the mags is crumbling away, the pickups were dirty and one was sparking alarmingly.

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Getting a Life Like T going sweetly takes some work, but you get a bullet of a car when you do.

I don't claim to be an expert, but I think the secret is to get one new and look after it. Add new wheels and tyres on the back to 'slam' the magnets down. Plus some dark arts with re-profiling the pick-ups so they're nice and flat. And pull the guide pin out a little bit (but not too much) with a pair of pliers.

At first the car can seem just 'okay' until the motor hits its prime all of a sudden, lasts a while and eventually goes off. Then it's time for a new chassis.

The guys who race the T car are very picking about what body they use. In the EAHORC Nascar class some swear by the late 1990s Taurus body, others by the older Lumina and T-bird bodies. It's all about weight and weight-distribution. The recent COT (car of tomorrow) bodies are a bit too high and heavy at the back - although I love the look of them

But the best body for the T car is the Datsun 240Z:

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Well it is one of the famous £5 Ebay wins from a house clearance so I wasn't ever expecting miracles from it. Clearly some work is required. I cleaned the pickups as best I could with the glassfibre pen but replacement is probably going to the best bet. Are the magnets replaceable? They look pretty integral to the chassis.

The LL-M I picked up turned out to be completely brand new which was a pleasant surprise. Got a Formula car waiting for me too which I'm going to race tune as an SG+ alternative for May. Definitely need a day or two tinker time with the different options.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Gareth

The traction mags on a T are easy to get out you just put a big piece of metal against them and out they come, just needs to out pull the motor mags as remarkably that appears to be all that's holding them in.

I found this out when a mate of mine put a T on a piece of scalextric sport track!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Lol! Thanks Marc. That's a good tip. I'll probably add a replacement set of mags to the list of things to buy which as I always say is ever growing!

Rome wiped out my budget for the month and Emily's as well which will delay any spending for the next three weeks. Got £30 for Marlborough and will lever a bit more out of Em if it looks like I'll need it.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hitari. Comes from a RC set called Mean Speed Machine, which also includes a Honda Civic Type R body, although the Honda is wider (about 35mm), so comparable to Micro Scalextric but not EAHORC legal
Apparently they were sold by Argos about 4 years ago. Mine, however, came from an auction site with enough change from a fiver to buy a pair of silicones for it

·
Registered
337 Posts
If I manage to get my lexan body painted and decaled by Wednesday next week then my life Like T for Mod Will be up and running. Probably won't have time to sort out pin tubes to be fitted to the chassis so good old double sided sticky tape might have to be used. Fingers crossed my modifications work e.g. change of gearing and another alteration.

Look forward to it as always chaps.

Hope you all like the new website and i'll answer any issues anyone has with it soon as possible.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
New website is great, as I suspected the key with the Office Live templates is to find one with plenty of 'pop' - yours certainly has that. Putting the Logo just below the header (I assume MOL won't let you place it as the header?), nice and large, with a video on the same page, adds to the pop.

Will you be extending the results archive, so it goes back to the beginning?

FYI, FLBT have a website now.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts