SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
F1!!! Currently my favourite class due to a certain yellow, black and red car sitting in my garage...

But then again I was originally intending to only race F1 when I wasn't sure if I'd be there every month or how much time I'd invest, then Mod was my favourite when I came 2nd in the Feb meet, then I had a so-so April so I was worried about every meeting, then I got my Martech Mega G and suddenly F1 was a big love affair again, then last night happened and I realised that my Lifelike is pretty handy for Mod but not quite top dog!

Phew! I've only been racing since January and its been a bit of a rollercoaster of emotions really. I sure know how Deane has been feeling with the EAHORC title showdown coming up!

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Do you want to take a couple of the EAHORC extenders with you after the next national, so you can extend the straights?

The rub is you would have to bring them to the six hour, so I have them for the next Edmo meet...

Track looks good btw.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I've just realised that I'll be flying to Sweden on July 6th. :sad:

Which not only means no racing for me in F1 that night, it also means whatever slim F1 title aspirations I had have gone up in smoke and also it puts a severe dent in my rookie title ambitions. I won't be able to claw back the 8 or more points I am likely to lose in 3 meetings.

What a complete and utter drag.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Bad news for Darren and Simon: my flight leaves Gatwick at 11:55 on Thursday 7th July.

So I'll be racing after all! And no, I refuse to use my Tyrrell so it'll be my Martech Mega-G!

I am such a happy man right now!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well pleased for you Gareth.
Will you be able to get the Mega G's through the Metal detector at Gatwick? or shall I look after it for you, in fact I will offer to put it in my Ultra Sonic Cleaner for you whilst you are away. I have not put a Martech car in it yet.

See you on the 6th. Lets hope there are not too many racing that evening or you might have to miss the finals, LOL

Regards
John

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Hi John,

Well I did notice the car is starting to look a little grubby but I'll have to check with Martin before I risk it! I have a string of Tomy Turbos you could pop through it! Would save the laborious strip down rebuilds I've been doing. I actually broke the front wing on Sunday smacking into the barrier in front of the driver stations. Lots of cyano glue later and it is back in one piece. If only I could fix my Nascar paint scheme the same way!

One of the reasons I'm particularly happy about racing is I really like the track design Andy's put up! Going to have to run slightly taller tyres than last time though I think to handle the straights.

Cheers

Gareth

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Two weeks to our next event and it's back to open-wheel racing for the penultimate round of our Formula One championship.

This is how the F1 championship stands:

This is a stock class and our club cars are Tyco 440x2 F1 cars with silicone rear tyres. The rules are here.

The last two F1 rounds have been won by Tomy Mega-Gs in the hands of Simon and Gareth. With more Megas expected on the grid this time, can a Tyco or any other chassis challenge for the win?

It's always a possibility - especially after Robin's impressive form on Sunday and Simon's final-winning drive with Andy's Tyco.

I will be racing that Tyco on Wednesday 6 July

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
How come you are going back to the Tyco Andy? I know you definitely have a very quick one (and with arguably the best Tyco body that was made) but your track layout looks like it would be ideal for your Mega G to me.

Either way I know you're going to be as tough to race against as ever!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Shame I'm going to miss this one. It's interesting watching the Tyco field dwindling. Mega-Gs seem to be taking over. I was suprised at just how few Tyco were left running on Sunday, but equally amazed at Robin's perfomance.

I'll have to wait til October for next F1. Hopefully I'll bring the Micro Scalextric car back, especially with this new fantastic F1 body being released next month

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
Can't wait

I'm also wondering who we'll see at the August Nascar round - Lightning McQueen, Chick Hicks, Doc Hudson or the King?

I think the #86 Hostile Takeover Bank car is the one to have - it'll create uncertainty in the other drivers about what dastardly manoeuvres are being cooked up

In F1, I enjoy running my Tyco. It's still fast and - with spending the practice session on the door - I know I can put in quick times straight away in the first heat.

Plus I am always thinking about and planning the 2012 F1 rules and making sure people can run a wide variety of cars.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
That would be hilarious if you ran that car Diesel!

The Tyco is vanishing fast from EAHORC but Robin certainly showed that it can still put in a sparkling performance in the right hands. I was very impressed by his drive.

One of these days I'll run my SG+ in F1. I tried it in practise at the May round and it was definitely quick but just not as poised and controlled as the Mega G. Would it be possible for me to get some times during practise so I can compare the laptimes?

I doubt I'll try my LL-M again. It wasn't fast enough down the straights when I used it at EAHORC and with the lower cornering speeds that means it is just not going to be competitive.

My August choices for Nascar are still wide open.

·
Registered
550 Posts
QUOTE (woodcote @ 22 Jun 2011, 11:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm also wondering who we'll see at the August Nascar round - Lightning McQueen, Chick Hicks, Doc Hudson or the King?

I already have Lighnting and Chick (put away for Oscar for when he's a little older). The one I'm looking forward to is Nigel Gearsley the Aston DBR9.

Maybe we need a Penelope Pitstop round some time where the aim is to run the most outrageous car possible? I can hear John sonically cleaning his Simspons already. Just don't invite Deane...

1 - 20 of 59 Posts