SlotForum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
QUOTE (montoya1 @ 12 Jan 2012, 16:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looks like we have to get this Dadson Jnr person along to nationals

Viable?

It depends on how much trouble Mike was in for getting him home so late last night!

I lent one of my cars to another Junior and he did the whole race looking at the monitor, other cars, the sky and the people round the room and he managed to win with it clocking up 42 laps. I saw him look at the car maybe twice the whole race. He found the setting that the car did a whole lap on and let it get on with it! He didn't even notice he'd crashed at one point. Very funny to watch.

Ned on the other hand did look at his car and really drove it round the whole track. He's very focused and very fast!

Sadly, I won't be joining you on Sunday Deane. After being on the raz last weekend, I'm having a weekend with the missus.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
An ingenious solution! Just because you aren't using the clip for the body doesn't mean it can't hold the car together!

I'm looking forward to April too even if it will be my last race until who knows when.

And next week is shopping week!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
QUOTE (woodcote @ 18 Jan 2012, 18:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What you buying?
Some Pro-Predator crowns and pinions of various sizes, some .290 and .300 wheels, some lexan shells, pin tubes, BSRT gold plated ski shoes, improved springs, a BSRT G3 chassis possibly, an extra SG+ and some possibly some other front wheels.

There is some other stuff but I can't think of it off the top of my head!!

Car's looking good!!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Yes I am thinking along the lines of building up a sizeable collection of tuning parts so I don't have to plan orders or wait until I've got money before getting parts. Then I can also play and modify any car I want to when I want to!!

Do you think it is worth getting some of the other gears such as the Super Tough gears as well as the Pro Predator or will the PPs fit happily into all of the different chassis? I could save a few dollars not having to get PPs for every car of course.

Have you seen on HT? Hornet has posted some details about tyre sizes when fitted to various size rims. He is suggesting I will need to grind down the tyres.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Thanks Andy. I think you should change your username to WikiWoodcote as you are a goldmine of information!

I noticed that last week (was it really only last week!!) that I was finally getting a good turn of speed using the 21 - 22T crowns I was running compared to the standard gearing. I'm definitely going to be getting more of those sizes than anything else.

I think the reason for grinding is that he was suggesting that using 418s on a 300 rim would give you an OD of 460 which is a bit bigger than what I was running last time where I think I was using 430s in the final. He might be wrong with his measurements though.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
You make an excellent point with using the 290! Although I was thinking that I want my end result wheel/tyre combination to resemble a hub with a rubber band stretched round it. Very low profile indeed!!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.