SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Worthing We Have A Problem!!!!!

After getting all excited about the next Mod round the wife said those horriffying words----"You do know what is happening on the 3d dont you?",,,,,,What is it---wedding aniversary---no that is on sunday(12 years now you really do get less for murder)----OH NO OH B*+%$&%s yes its her birthday
,,,,So now I am hoping and praying that the outlaws will take her out for dinner seeing as they have only just got back from France,,,here`s hoping or the mod round may be a family short

·
Andy Player
3,875 Posts
There is a very nice patio garden out the back of the Barn. You could borrow a table and chairs, bring a table cloth, some candles and play some music while you share your KFC. Or there's a microwave in the kitchen and a Tesco Express down the road. Then you could just step inside for 5 minutes to do your heats.

It's a thought

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I will be there as now hoping to secure top 3 finish in Rookie of the Year (not bad as missed 4 rounds this year). Probably with a NASCAR bodied Life Like T. Got some exciting plans for my 2013 WHO Mod

·
Registered
448 Posts
It`s not looking good
The wife is now on about cooking a big complicated meal at home for all of us,,,,the outlaws were easier to get hold of when they lived in France so no luck there---it`s looking like a no show from us

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm already working on my plans for the 2013 season. Car wise for NASCAR and F1 I'm sorted as already run and race them cars but thinking for the Modified Champiosnhip and wanting to get your guys opinions of what I'm thinking.

Chassis
I'm going to have 2 chassis 1 will be a Life Like T with the better mags fitted and 1 a wide pan Tyco from Harden Creek. Thoughts?

Bodies
Going to have a wide variety of bodies varrying from the following and liveries,

Porsche RS Spyder

Riley Daytona Prototype

NASCAR COT

What you all think on them? All the bodies are from horacingbodies.com

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I probably wouldn't change the LLT mags but rather set the stock ones to high downforce mode. One of my T chassis stickss flat out through 6" bends if you run it on 418s or 422s. The key is to get more straightline speed. But they sound like good options.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Thanks for that advice mate. May do both high down force standard mags and the larger mags as got about 20 LLT chassis to play with. Really looking forward to getting hc tyco.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
You should definitely do some chassis sorting then. Find the straightest one, the best motor, best pair of magnets and then you need lap timing on your home track to be able to test what is the optimum hub and tyre size. If only the LL-T motor shaft was a regular size compared to the other brands!!

·
Andy Player
3,875 Posts
Putting Lee's 2013 plans into this thread gives everyone a chance to think about their 2013 WHO Mod plans. With the championship wrapped up, the race is a chance to try out something new for next season.

As for the Life Like T and the Harden Creek Tyco - they are good choices.

The HC Tyco is very nicely put together and is very fast straight away. It is also an easy platform to start playing with a few simple modifications. If you do the mods one at a time, you'll see which work and which don't.

The Life Like is less straightforward, as Gareth points out. It is more of a builder's challenge.

Other options include the Tomy SRT, SG+ and Marchon MR-1 - all of which have had success in WHO Mod. Other chassis like the Artin F and Mega-G have gone well will a bit of work. That is the great thing about WHO Mod - almost any chassis can be worked on to go fast.

Of course, my advice is to focus on one chassis in each class - especially at WHO where we have only four races in each class per year. That's not a lot of development time in race conditions.

As for any 2013 rule tweaks - Robin and me are thinking about those now. I don't think there will be anything of significance in any WHO class, but we'll let you know for definite by the November race.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I shall be running my ever-increasingly unreliable SG+s and hoping that just one of them makes it to the end of the meeting without that oh so familiar stench of cooked armature!

Andy, does the club have any 4 Gear sized silicone tyres in stock? I think I've got some at home but just in case I haven't, it would be good to be able to buy some. Those Lucky Bob and HC neos I fitted are absolute beasts!

Hmm, some back up chassis will definitely be required for this one or I'll end up with a club car by Heat three!

·
Registered
448 Posts
A very productive weekend!!!!!! Finally got to see the outlaws and ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,YES
They have asked Tracy if she wants to go out to dinner with them on Wednesday!!!!!!!
:banana:So look out team McCann WILL be puting in an apperance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Only downside now is I am not allowed to make any Mother-in-law jokes or mention her cooking and have to be nice to them

·
Registered
448 Posts
A very productive weekend!!!!!! Finally got to see the outlaws and ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,YES
They have asked Tracy if she wants to go out to dinner with them on Wednesday!!!!!!!
:banana:So look out team McCann WILL be puting in an apperance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Only downside now is I am not allowed to make any Mother-in-law jokes or mention her cooking and have to be nice to them

1 - 20 of 57 Posts