Dropped scores have been dropped, so it is clearer what people need to do.
If any of the top three win, then they win the championship. Darren and Simon need to win and have a considerable slice of luck with other people's scores. Robin needs a small miracle - but stranger things have happened
Of course, other results are possible. A winner from outside the top three would really start to make it complicated...
Although not NASCAR related I thought Who club members might be interested in the following lexan bodies now available though your club shop. There are 3 x silver 908-3 Porsches, 3 x Le mans Corvettes and 2 x Ferrari f430 GT. All of these bodies have the decals attached on the inside of the body so they are completely smooth externally and each has had a light coating of PVA glue inside to help strengthen the bodies:
Bodies not trimmed as some like to keep the lexan for the front wheel wells and others cut it out. Trimming will be down to you to do.
Private message me if you have any questions.
See you all Wednesday.
P.S Bodies look better in person. Particularly the Ferrari as the photo's doesn't do it justice
As noted above, we are going to have a very brief Annual General Meeting (AGM) tomorrow about 6.45 - as our club constitution says we have to...
This is what will happen:
1. To thank everyone for their commitment to the club and to everyone who has contributed their time and skill this year - particularly to Andrew for his ground-breaking live scoreboard, Mike for his amazing driver station module and to Dave for steering the new Nascar class through its first season. There will be an Annual Report to look through.
2. To say that nothing much will change in 2013. TrackMate - an updated timing system - will finally make its debut. The SRT will be dropped from the Formula One rules. That's about it.
3. On the club charity: as no other nominations have been received, we'll continue with Help for Heroes for a third year, keeping the collecting tin on the sign-in desk and donating one month's race fees. Next autumn we'll have the chance to pick a new club charity, if we want.
4. The club finances will be available for your perusal. We've bought some very nice shiny trophies this week and we have just about enough money in the bank to pay the 2013 venue hire and public liability insurance. Race fees will remain at £2, thanks to good attendances and the Maybridge Grand Prix fee.
5. We haven't done a questionnaire recently, but that's something we can set up and ask you to do over the winter. It's always very useful to have racers' feedback.
6. Agree (or not) that Andy and Robin remain as the club's organising team for 2013. And to accept the 2013 annual report and financial summary.
7. Finally, the 2013 calendar will be available to take away.
Hmm well I have managed to make myself look stupid without even getting to tomorrow.
Regretfully, I won't be making tomorrow's race. The big push to finish the house by the end of Sunday kicked in today and it looks like I shall be ruining our paintwork banging nails in instead of trashing Nascars. Bizarrely it was me being motivational that triggered all the activity. Keep mouth shut next time!!
Please all remember to talk about next Friday's race night. This big push helps the race happen after all!
Well done Darren on winning the A final but who has won the championship! That's really put the cat among the pigeons. I was following the finals on RaceLive! as they were coming in. Very tense and exciting! Looking forward to hearing the details.
A forum community dedicated to slot car owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about collections, racing, displays, models, track layouts, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!