SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
An easy car choice for this round!!!! Life Likes all round!!!!!! Unless I try my Turbo againHHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMM??????
And Mr Bullyboy D what sweets is it for this round??????

·
Registered
299 Posts
Oh hes going for the soft underbelly.............I am partial to the odd haribo gold bear although I would hate to admit it........

·
Registered
448 Posts
A quick rule check please!!!!!!! If I did manage to "flip" traction mags in lifelike(s) without any drilling will they still be legal?

·
Andy Player
3,875 Posts
Mike - I think the answer is yes.

Looking at the Nascar rules, there are two things to consider:

No part of the chassis may be cut, sanded, drilled or otherwise interfered with.

So no drilling allowed, as you say. And...

Traction magnets must be stock and original manufacturer items in there original chassis position.

Are they stock Life Like items? Yes. Are the in their original chassis position? Yes - upside down, but in the same position.

If you follow Paul's video, that's all fine

·
Registered
448 Posts
Many thanks for (as always) quick and clear rulling!!!!!!
Will have aplay tommorow(unless the wife gets a say in things
)
Will post to say how easy it was or ask if anyone has spare mags if they fly off into space!!!!

Sorry forgot to say if anyone has a problem with flipping mags then please let me know and I will nor race them--Many thanks Mike M

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Not that it is anything to do with me, but that is how I read the rules too.

If clubs want to stop flipping then the word should be 'orientation' rather than position. If they want to allow it that should educate their members.

As usual, Andy and Robin have it spot on.

·
Andy Player
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just 14 days to this race - I think the short gap at the start of the season really works

The 2012 medals have just been ordered and have different colour ribbons for each class. Mod stays the same, F1 returns to the darker half of the 2010 colour-scheme and Nascar is the same as the stripes on the US flag.

So what are the colours?

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I love the short gap! I wish it was the same every month but then we'd never know when we were racing!

I don't think an order from Lucky Bob made next Wednesday will arrive in time so I may have to just run what I have and not worry too much. I have been thinking about a new SG+ chassis for Nascar retrofitted with some 2 dot magnets which I already have.

I wasn't racing in 2010 so I'll have a complete guess at the ribbon colours:

Mod: Dark blue
F1: Hard to tell from the August 2010 video I just watched but Dave's ribbon looked gold to me. Which can't be dark enough!

Nascar: Red and white

Edit: Oct F1 reveals green and gold!!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
They looked like two tone ribbons to me but I'll let someone else have a go!!

I'm thinking of doing a Kodak car as I have a yellow body ready and the waterslide decals. I do need to get some clearcoat though.

And sort my pickup buses to prevent so many catastrophic crash failures!!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Ok had a go at "flipping" the ll mags----so far no joy, screwdriver keeps gutting stuck on motor mags and traction mags seem to be glued in(by manufacture not me) so cant get them to move--if anyone else has any luck then please let me know cheers Mike M

·
Registered
448 Posts
ncp hobbies in usa brand new unopened---have managed to flip one may not be glue but dirt from track(home not WHO of course)

1 - 20 of 74 Posts