SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
As it was the kids birthday we have some shiny new mega g`s to play with!!!!!!!!!!!
One question thiugh does anyone have the link to the mega g magnet flip page to increase downforce please

·
Andy Player
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the easiest way to do it.

Always best to mark the underside of the mags with permanent marker before you do anything. Means you can get back to the original set-up. A small screwdriver and a good push down on a hard surface gets the magnet out. Take the rear axle out first as you might bend it.

This is the other stuff re. the Mega-Gs.

I am 99.9% sure we will have the new guide pin before the race, so the days of modifying the front end are over.

Here's the stuff for the Classic Cup cars and the Super-G - which I do intend to run again

Those who ran SRTs last time are still eligible to do so.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Many thanks Andy,,,Thats 4 mega g mag flips done!!!!!!!!! Hope you have plenty of silicone tyres in stock as we need A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Andy Player
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hopefully there will be enough tyres in the shop. I'll dig out some and bring them along, just in case

That magnet flip diagram is on our new-look website at: http://www.whoracing.org.uk/mega_magnets.html

Do have a good look around the site. It's divided up into three main sections: for new people finding out 'About' the club, a 'Racing' hub and a 'Tech' section.

The Racing section still has a bit of work to do on it. The aim to have all the race results and reports back to the opening night in Feb 2010.

The Tech section is also a work in progress. Do make suggestions on what you want to see there. We have quite a few experts on various chassis who should be writing brief articles to be included...

As you can see from the front page, diesel's live race screen in a prominent part of the package. The development of 'Project Gareth' has made big steps even since the last race. So keep an eye on that too

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Her is what one US guy did to mark his magnets.

First he put quick dabs of paint on the magnets whilst in the chassis, then added more full markings once the magnets were out of the car.

Two red markings on the bottom of the magnets when the car is in factory mode. A blue mark on the top of the left hand magnet (blue and left both having four letters), similarly a green mark on the top of the right hand magnet.

It is then a case of writing down what the various combos (red-red, red-green, blue-red) mean, when visible from the underside of the chassis.

·
Andy Player
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Two weeks to Formula One race night.

There will be some website / scoreboard upgrades ready. But what are people doing with their cars?

Anyone tempted to run a Micro Scalextric car after Andrew's good form and Hannah's junior win in March?

If you are, I'll refer you to diesel's secrets:
QUOTE (diesel @ 8 Mar 2012, 10:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>At the risk of giving away all my secrets, the Micro Scalextric cars were as follows:

Stock Motor, Axle and Gears
Quicker hubs (sanded to meet 34mm width)
Tyco Supertires
Stock front end with reprofiled stock front tyres
Guide Blades (found no benefit either way between pins and guides in testing)
Braids! NSR and Ninco copper

I think slipping in a Tomy motor in the F1 class would be frowned upon...

In principal one car was built for speed and one for handling. In reality I don't think it made any difference

I saw Clive - our March F1 winner - at the Slot Car Festival last weekend and he's planning a trip down for F1 in September, but won't be with us for this one.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Ah that track looks awesome! Now I'm properly jealous I won't be there. And I love the additional complex at the end of the lap. As long as the pillar doesn't get in the way and block visibility.

I finally managed to get my mini track out this weekend but didn't get as much running as I wanted too. Half the time it is deciding what car to drive!

·
Andy Player
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was thinking of putting that straight on a slight angle so the chicane is visible.

I see that Dylan was driving slot cars at the weekend. Never too young, eh?

Alex Ferrigno will be making his WHO debut next Wednesday at the age of 6 years 0 days. I've seen him on the track and he is certainly a chip off the old block

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
QUOTE (woodcote @ 28 May 2012, 09:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was thinking of putting that straight on a slight angle so the chicane is visible.

I see that Dylan was driving slot cars at the weekend. Never too young, eh?

Alex Ferrigno will be making his WHO debut next Wednesday at the age of 6 years 0 days. I've seen him on the track and he is certainly a chip off the old block

Good plan on angling the straight. I think it will be fun to see who blams out of the last turn before the chicane and forgets to brake!

Dylan did indeed drive a slot car for the first time. A Texaco sponsored LifeLike M Nascar. Not that he really knew anything about it or cared particularly! We just wrapped his hands round the controller and gently squeezed!

We also tried Dave's 19 month old daughter with a car. She struggled with the spring compression on the controllers so a lighter spring will be needed next time. The LL-M cars went round quite happily at 7 volts which was cool.

I think 6 years old is a much more sensible age for a child racer. I'm sure Alex will now begin a dominant run on the Juniors to rival Callum and co!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Only a couple of days now!!!!! A question(as always) Seeing as my family is down from the far away land of Lancashire do thier points get added to our family score????????? God knows with my 2 I need all the help(or cheating!!!) I can get away with LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
QUOTE (pne4ever @ 1 Jun 2012, 20:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Only a couple of days now!!!!! A question(as always) Seeing as my family is down from the far away land of Lancashire do thier points get added to our family score????????? God knows with my 2 I need all the help(or cheating!!!) I can get away with LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your two just need some proper training and to focus on their cars during the race and they'll fly round. I have every confidence that one of them will win a junior medal before the end of next season. You have been developing the cars you guys race so they're not handicapped with Turbos against Mega Gs anymore and you've got your practise track at home.

Of course if you were serious about them winning you would have them doing this...

·
Andy Player
3,875 Posts
For those not at the races tomorrow, there should be some further enhancements to diesel's Race Live! screen (aka Project Gareth).

For those coming to the Barn, we'll have the new ISU guide pin that allows the Mega-G to run with an unmodified front end. These will be available for 80p. Many thanks to AndySlots for his hard work getting them ready for our club night. Incidentally, the very same AndySlots won the EAHORC Ope-Wheel race on Sunday using the new guide-pin, so that's a good endorsement

·
Andy Player
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I didn't use it Sunday. Probably next season. I'm looking forward to using a full width wing and playing with some different front wheels apart from the Wizzard ones.

At WHO, people need to run the new guide with the stock front axle and hubs, but that will give us some very nice looking cars on the grid

1 - 20 of 41 Posts