Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hi Robin and Andy, Was round the dad in laws yesterdayand set a living room track---Tried out the new h creek car we got from you but it may have a problem!!!!! In a direct "time trail" against the white hc car we already have the blue(new) one was about a second a lap slower---also whilst the white car runs at roughly the same lap time the blue one slowed down after each lap i:e lap 1 was 5.0 lap 2 was 5;3 lap 3 5.6 etc.
Any ideas or is it just because new car stronger magnets etc or just does not like home tracks????
Cheers Guys Mike M

·
Andy Player
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, sounds like a problem

Just to check it's the car and not something odd with the track or controller, does the same thing happen when you swap the cars to the other lane?

The spec of the two cars should be the same, with the same strength mags, same 'hot' armature and same gear ratio.

Do the front and rear tyres look the same? If not, what do they look like?

If you put marker pen on the silver traction magnets and run (with your hand) along a straight piece of track, is a clear shiny line rubbed off? If so, the rear wheel / tyre combo is too low.

If that isn't the problem, my first thought would be that something is 'binding' - the rear wheels will be difficult to turn by hand. Could be a number of things and would need a good look at.

I did run in the brushes on the original cars. I don't know if the subsequent ones were done. With the strong mags, that might give problems initially - you want the motor to be strong from the off with those mags.

If you want tips on running in the motor, I'll be putting something up on the Tech section of the website. Or this over on the Eahorc forum.

For now I'd keep the new car off the track.

I take it that the new Tomy Timer is working well

·
Registered
448 Posts
Kids love the timer but beeping on it is VERY loud!!!!!!!
Ok back to car now-----same problem on both lanes other car was fine
could not use both cars at same time as white car seemed to take all the power from the track and blue car slowed to a stop
Does this help or just make things worse??????

·
Andy Player
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahh.. Those big mags will draw more current that one shared Tomy power supply will provide. Using another power supply and power track will help run two at a time. Will give you an improved racing experience with the Mega-Gs and Turbos too. I donated mine to the HO Zone, but Gareth might be able to help you out

The fact the white car hogs all the current suggests the blue car is not running smoothly - either in the motor department or the drive train. Needs a looking over before the 4th. Not planning on a visit to the Heene on 30th June or 1st July?

My solution to the bleeps is earplugs

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
QUOTE (woodcote @ 18 Jun 2012, 21:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ahh.. Those big mags will draw more current that one shared Tomy power supply will provide. Using another power supply and power track will help run two at a time. Will give you an improved racing experience with the Mega-Gs and Turbos too. I donated mine to the HO Zone, but Gareth might be able to help you out

The fact the white car hogs all the current suggests the blue car is not running smoothly - either in the motor department or the drive train. Needs a looking over before the 4th. Not planning on a visit to the Heene on 30th June or 1st July?

My solution to the bleeps is earplugs

I might be dreaming this but are there volume controls on the Control Station? it would probably be a setting I guess.

I can indeed help out with a power straight and power pack. That's no worries at all. How to get it to you in good time could be as I won't be there this time.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Thanks for offer Gareth but I am fine for power supply and track(only prob is 1 or 2 of them control both lanes!!!!! just need to sort out wich ones do that then get rid!!!!!!)
May be able to get down to the Heane especially if I can talk her indoors into going out for the day will let you know nearer the time

·
Registered
550 Posts
QUOTE (pne4ever @ 19 Jun 2012, 11:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>only prob is 1 or 2 of them control both lanes!!!!! just need to sort out wich ones do that then get rid!!!!!!

None of the terminal straights should do this, so long as the plug sides of the straights are both on the same lane and only one controller is connected to each straight (one left connector and one right). Weird.

·
Registered
448 Posts
None of the terminal straights should do this, so long as the plug sides of the straights are both on the same lane and only one controller is connected to each straight (one left connector and one right). Weird

Welcome to my world Mr Rose,,,, get 3 mega g f1s and 1 is far better than the other 2(and it came in a twofor pack!!!!)
I glue a tiny piece of body trim back on my pt cruiser and thats it it wont run now!!!!!!!! No I did not get glue everywhere

·
Registered
550 Posts
I did some testing last night and I'm confident (
) that the FTP problems of last month have been fixed. Seems it didn't like uploading data via a tethered phone but is much happier with the new WHO mobile broadband.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I'll be following live tonight. Good luck guys and have fun.

I've got work to do on my cars for when I get back to the Barn.

Although I will also take this opportunity to announce that I'll soon have a double garage (with attached workshop for pitspace) with a permanent HO track for some extra race nights.

·
Andy Player
3,875 Posts
22 on the grid tonight. But you'll know that - and everything else that happened - if you followed on Race Live.

Congrats to John for another superb Mod race and for wrapping up the championship with three straight wins

My vote for junior performance of the evening: Stephen McCann - surprising everyone and taking the battle to Callum for that junior medal.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts