SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's just two weeks until the Nascar race. With Simon and myself the two Nascar winners this year, who is going to win the third round?

The gossip is that we may have a visitor from the west country - but it's not Clive (he'll be back for F1 in September).

There is no track plan as yet, but I'm guessing it will be oval-ish in shape.

If you need a reminder on the rules, here is the guide we did earlier in the year:

All the rules are available on our website.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Good to hear the course will be "ovalish" will we be using banked curves all round again---if yes I`ll lay off the wine gums and avoid feeling sea sickwhen going from bank to flat to bank!!!!!!
Was planning on doing a test session at weekend but unsure how this will go as I have strained my knee ligaments so setting up track could be a bit difficult!!!! Will have to put a bit more pressure on kids to concentrate and you never know we may have a medal come home with us!!!!!!!

Will see you all there as long as I can limp across the road lol

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Hmm im off next Wednesday, think my new nascar may need a pre eahorc season run, looks like u may have a visitor from the East coast too

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
It will be good to see you Lee

This time next week we will know who the medal winners are. Simon, Ashley, Callum and me certainly hope there is repeat Nascar winner in there somewhere...

And any Life Likes in the 'A' final this time round?

The Dadsons are on holiday this round, so some points up for grabs in the family fortunes table

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think there will be a few with their eye on that winner's medal tomorrow night.

Including the two non-championship rounds last year, we've had no repeat winners in Nascar: John, Darren, Simon and me all have one win each.

Andrew ran Dave Hannington very close at HONK last week, so I'd say he's got to be in the frame.

As for the junior medal, Callum would naturally be the favourite, but there are an increasing number of challengers stepping up to take him on.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I'll be watching on Race Live! once again tomorrow night.

I'm going to stick my neck out somewhat and predict a Rose Double. Come on Andrew and Hannah, don't let me down now!!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
How on earth could I forget you Mike! Or the boys. I've got you guys down for winning the next Mod round at the moment. £5 and half a pack of Polos riding on it so no pressure or anything!

And Lee, I'd be really pleased for you if you added another winners medal to your one from SCHORC. That would be excellent. Did you say you were running a LifeLike?

I heard there could be another racer coming as well although I don't want to say who in case I jinx it, get it wrong and look stupid. I mean more stupid!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Has to be a wise choice based on the recent oval results at WHO. The SG+ is definitely the chassis to have in my opinion. I now expect my opinion to be proved wrong tomorrow when someone aces it with a LifeLike!

·
Registered
550 Posts
HONK on Thursday was good practice. Mixing it with Dave on his 'home' track was a great confidence booster. I can get away from work early so arrive in time for practice and hopefully be able to make my tyre choices before the heats start
. And no distraction this time as Hannah won't be there to 'cheer' me on (off on holiday with the grandparents this week). Just as well after breaking her SG+ body on Thursday. Think the back end may still be at HONK.

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
It's always a slightly different attendance in August and we welcomed 22 racers tonight - 5 of them new.

It was a slightly shorter oval, but the same exhilarating racing.

This - amazingly - was the 'B' final. Four national winners.

This was the 'A' final grid:

The 'A' final was chaotic as ever for a Nascar race, but Andrew stayed calm and took a faultless big score on the unfavoured yellow lane.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts