SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Woo racing time once again! The wait wasn't nearly as long as I pretended to myself at the end of the F1 meeting last month. Thank heavens there is no off season at WHO!

Time to have a tinker with the old LifeLike and cram a new motor in it and see if I can keep up with the those pesky Tyco purple monsters down the straights!

What is everyone else running this season or are we all being ultra cagey and keeping our options close to our chests?

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
My manager has booked a meeting with me on Wednesday until 5pm and Southern Rail have very helpfully changed the train times to really make sure you cannot make the connection at Three Bridges! Therefore I won't be at the Barn until just before 7. If I could be added to the race sheet and given a late heat, that would be great. Hopefully I can make a practise lap or two.

I managed to get some time to tinker with my car last night. New motor and new rear axle which seems to give it a lot more revs. I'm looking forward to seeing the difference on the track.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Thanks Andy, much appreciated. I'll do my best to escape early if possible.

Very nice work on the bodies Simon.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Hopefully you'll get the right tyres on nice and early Mike. Both boys in the B final last Mod round which was an excellent performance.

Nice track Andy. Not too much twisty stuff which could be a disadvantage to the reigning champion.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Have not touched them since last time so should be all set up!!!!!!!!
Just a quick clean up and battery test then we are off!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Whoops forget the text!!!!!!

This Mod round Ned and I might be racing a couple of these....

2 of TOMY SG+
2 of BSRT chassis with stock SG+ Motor internals....one of these will be new to the barn......A flyer or a lemon???????

See you all tomorrow

mIkE

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
An excellent night to kick off 2013, with 23 on the grid for some WHO Mod action.

An Artin, Marchon, Super-G and Mega-G in a very close A final.

Congrats to our winners - John and Hannah

And to all our 2012 trophy and certificate winners

Results to follow...

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Great night tonight. Except for my car of course!

The arms race that is WHO Mod has just stepped up to a new level of nuclear proportions! Some amazing cars on the grid and some brilliant racing.

Ned and Hannah had a wicked battle which was great to watch.

The A Final was freaking off the charts for the first 45 seconds. I'd be stunned if you guys could have kept that up for the whole race. So much pressure and so fast!

Congratulations to John and Hannah. Great work.

Roll on next race.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Great night's racing, with some reasonable results considering Hannah and me were both swapping bodies and chassis all evening. Maybe with a bit of preparation and practice...

Well done to John and Hannah and everyone else who just turned up and had fun.

Looking forward to next month. I'm sure Ned has already got revenge planned on Hannah!

Just to clarifiy, we both ran Super-Gs in the main (one heat each with the Artin).

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
The championship tables are now done. It's all as per the finals sheet, but it's always good to see your name on the board for 2013

The interesting table is the Rookie one. Andy Parker has been bringing Matt and Ollie along for two years, helping with the marshalling and waiting... Now he's in pole position for a trophy, plus 13th place in his first Mod race wasn't bad. And a new 'family' (Matt can be added as an honorary Parker) into the Family Championship:

I thought Wednesday was a bit déjà vous up in the 'A' final. Like last January, two of us were very close on the heels of John's MR-1. The first part of the race was incredibly close and John was only a couple of feet in front when Mike took us both out at turn two

My Mega-G continues to surprise me. There were upgrades I was planning, but the car was identical to what finished in October (dirt included).

The website is finally updated for 2013. You may need to refresh your browser to see the changes. And I need to remember to add the code to do the refresh automatically.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I hadn't seen the tables as my work PC somehow doesn't show them but I had seen that there was a Rookie table and I was trying to work out who that would be. Of course it was Andy! Good to see him racing.

Your Mega G was amazingly quick. It was really good to see a mix of chassis at the sharp end.

I've just spent lots more money with Lucky Bob. Lots of spacers for axles, a variety of wheels, a gear or two and a chassis spreader for SG+ cars as Mike didn't look too impressed when I said he could do all my knackered cars! He did manage an arm change in a matter of minutes though.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Yet another great night at the Barn....fueled by the great Haribo..

Congrats to the winners...both delivered the goods in a fine and calm style.....John I know, did not deslot in the final...and was playing it nice and cool in the heats......

Yes, we all had to push it a bit more in the final and it was a shame that I took out one of the contenders, sorry Andy
.I still think he would have had us all licked with that MR1

Back to the drawing board to try and find that winning armature/magnet combo....

As Gareth has mentioned its all gone up a gear......I think the evening produced 3 smoked arms, 2 tycos and one of my SG+.....Its getting serious

Of course not forgetting Gareths splendid backwards start
...nice one mate!!!!

Thanks Andy,Robin and all involved in set up,race control and tear down..

The 2012 certificates are right good....

mIkE and Ned

1 - 20 of 22 Posts