SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Simon will be designing the track for this one so expect the unexpected!

I had a quick test with my usual car against Ned's Junior Championship leading car. I can go about the same pace as him which is good until Mike ups his gear ratio! Looking forward to running my other car as well. That thing is a beast!!

My main goal has to be to outscore Hannah and Ned. Simply because I will be embarrassed to finish behind a pair of Juniors. Even a pair of Juniors of such excellent calibre as these two. But it looks like it will happen!

Crunching some numbers tells me that if I can replicate second (no mean feat) then I would end the year on 305 points....335 if a miracle happened. Based on the last two rounds, Hannah will finish the year on between 295 and 305 and Ned will beat me with between 320 and 380.

What is really interesting is that Andy can improve his score by a maximum of 50 points (to 350) while Andrew can improve his score by a maximum of 105 to 380. So there is going to be a really good battle for 2nd and 3rd in the championship between Andrew, Andy, Ned and Hannah. Plus a further battle between Hannah and myself to decide 4th to 5th should Hannah not hit her maximum score.

For the Juniors, Hannah needs to outscore Ned by 35 points to draw level in the championship so a top 4 finish and hope her rival finishes in 8th or lower so that his current lowest score of 60 points counts.

This is going to be great!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Gareth

Track plan was submitted nine days ago chap, Andy's approved, subject to possible minor tweaking on the night, there's some tight chicanes that might need loosening up,
but apart from that all is good
I expect Andy will post soon.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Sorry Andy that looks more like a race track than a cracker----crackers are square(eating type) or liable to explode and give any grandparents that were about to fall asleep during Christmas lunch a heart attack!!!!!
My turbo will be there but with no testing time not sure how well it will run, if at all lol.
Another bonus is the fact that I don't have to try and ship the wife off somewhere as her birthday is on the 3rd.
P:s big move is going ahead so will have to have a fight with er indoors so that my cars can be wrapped in bubble wrap not her stupid wine glasses or silly breakable things!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Simon, congratulations mate. That is a barnstormer of a track! I only hope we have enough tables to make it work in all its glory.

Andy, all the carpet tiles bar two slivers outside the toilet were completed yesterday. The toilet itself now has the tiling on the wall around the toilet and the downpipe built up ready for the loo itself. Tonight I'll be clearing up all the carpet remnants, moving things back into the garage and trying to make it look presentable. I'm hoping Emily will lend a hand with the black fabric but if you fancy an evening of it tonight or tomorrow, it would be great to have you over. I think we are on course thanks to your brilliant efforts and Dave's hard work.

Mike, best of luck with the move.

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, good luck with the move - and look after those precious cars

It's a busy week of racing with setting up at the Heene Centre on Saturday afternoon (everyone very welcome from 2pm), racing at the Garage on Saturday evening, a full day's national racing at the Heene on Sunday and our WHO Mod race (and championship trophy presentation) on Wednesday.

I'm looking forward to watching the battle for the junior Mod championship and being in the scrap for the runner-up spot behind John.

The club championship, the junior championship and Rookie of the Year are still very open, especially with dropped scores coming into play. Jon does look a hot favourite to be our 2013 rookie of the year, following in the footsteps of John, Darren and Duncan.

All the 2013 winners and championship tables are on or website here. The WHO Hall of Fame is here.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
The WHO tracks of late have really started to explore what can be done with the hardware on site and the time available, and that is good to see.

The best HO club in the UK just keeps getting better.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I hope to be there after the big move,,, not sure how we are going to manage an extra 3 minutes travelling time should have looked for somewhere closer to the barn!!!!!!! P:S have decided cars are going in the car not van, should be able to find them afterwards that way!!!!!!

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gareth will be presenting the WHO Mod championship trophies on Wednesday. That means John will be bringing the big trophy in and then taking it home again

There are two small trophies as well - one for John and one for whoever wins the Junior Mod championship.

We'll do that for Nascar in November and for both F1 and the championship in December - so a reminder to Darren/Andrew, to Mike and to John to bring the big trophies along on the night.

Then we'll have certificates to hand out next January for all the 2013 championship winners, runners-up and third places.

Micro Scalextric will have it's own 'big' cup and smaller trophies to keep. Plus, there might be an extra prize or two for the winners. We've that to look forward to on 30 October after the team race...

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A great end to the WHO Modified championship at the Barn tonight, with 23 on the grid and loads of excellent racing.

Simon had designed a superb track, drawing inspiration from previous WHO layouts and real-life circuits.

The was no pressure on John F in the heats and he took another impressive pole position. In second was Jon W, with Ned clinching the junior medal and junior Mod championship with third place. Andy somehow slipped into the A final, despite his Mega-G being well off the pace.

Jon had the faster car, but couldn't stop John taking a clean sweep in WHO Mod for the second season running - a stunning achievement.

Congratulations to our winners - who were also our 2013 champions

More pictures over on flickr.

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here are the race results:

Plus, all the championship tables are updated here.

The top 3 in WHO Mod 2013 are John, Andy and Andrew. The top 3 juniors Ned, Hannah and Tyler.

The club championships are still up for grabs, but Andy and Hannah are currently the ones to beat. Jon just needs four points to become Rookie of the Year 2013.

And in the very unofficial Family Fortunes competition, the Roses are looking good to dethrone Darren and Callum...

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Nice one Andy. I hope to have the race report completed sometime this evening or over the weekend.

It was a great fun evening although I drove like a complete melon for three of my four heats and the stripped gears finished the night off really!

Congratulations to John and Ned on their championships. Really pleased to see brother Jon up the sharp end. I've told him not to run that car at home between now and January so that he doesn't wreck it.

There are no major (any?) rule changes planned for Mod for next season but I expect and hope that we'll see some new shiny creations on the grid in January. For myself, I shall be investing in some new wheels for my Lifelike and spending sometime gloomy poking at the remains of my SG+ cars in a half hearted manner.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Looked like a good night and the the track looked a cracker....

Congrats to John another clean sweep!!! and to 'thats my boy ned' looks like little fingers got in the way in that final, sorry Jon,boy do I know how that feels from last weekend.

Thanks to everyone for keeping an eye on ned and Gareth for giving him a lift home....

See you for NASCAR mayhem

1 - 20 of 29 Posts