SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
It's just seven days to go until our next Nascar oval race.

Darren has been in a rich vein of form in Nascar, so he has to be the man to beat.

Andrew shared the title with Darren last year and has picked up a national EAHORC Nascar win this season, as have Callum and Mike.

Those four would make a pretty tasty A final next Wednesday

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I gave my Nascar a test run on Sunday and it was quite frankly pants. Slow in a straight line and not extraordinarily grippy but not bad.

So I spent some time playing with new arms last night....and a new chassis. It screams now! Quicker than my Mod car and my Lifelike in revs so can't wait to test it.

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With a bit of testing (and a bit of luck) we'll have new, more powerful club cars making their debut on Wednesday.

Gareth has kindly dug out four Life Like T chassis and I'll pop some silicone tyres and Nascar bodies on them.

As we are getting a significant new influx of racers this season, having some competitive club cars is really important.

The current Tyco cars are excellent for Formula One (and count towards the Classic Cup), but just don't match up in Nascar or Mod.

For Mod, the idea is to build some new rear axles and run them with lexan bodies attached with double-sided tape.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Ok do I try the turbo again or try and get one of several lifelikes running???????
If a parcel turns up from the states then may even have the batmobile to run round!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Fortunately the Tjet Batmobile should be the Ultra G version with the neo mag or I think there would be some difficulty driving that car. Shame you didn't get the X-Traction version as I want to organise a TV Star Cars race in the future and I think most entrants will be X-Traction or 4-Gear chassis.

I was incredibly lax last night and watched The Expendables on DVD (daft but entertaining) rather than finish putting my racebox together. I think I am good to go though.

On the question of the Turbo, I wonder whether finding the optimal match between the controller and car could help even more than usual. My new theory is that it would almost be best with the Turbo on an oval to have a very small control range so the car is either flat out, slow or off. Maybe with some form of coast so it is always moving when in the corners with the throttle in off. You would also want a throttle with a very small trigger movement between the three positions and moving to slow from fast would apply maximum brakes to slow it right down. It would be really interesting to wire up. And I think the Turbo could be a winner if driven like that.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Give me a break G MAN I cant get a car to run sweet let alone try and fiddle about with a controller as well!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Haha! I was just thinking out loud for future people to ponder! It would be a tough ask to wire up a controller like that Mike and I'm not expecting you to do it! Just remember to give yourself a lot of braking room tonight and you'll be fine!

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
Twenty-six on the Nascar grid tonight for the usual thrills, spills and complete mayhem. A slightly different set-up made turn 4 less hazardous for race control

Andrew had a smashing new livery on his Super-G.

Gareth and Jon has their heads down at Team Winslade

It worked for Gareth who made the 'A' final alongside Darren, Hannah and Andy.

The result went to form - Darren winning and Hannah taking a superb third place.

Results to follow soon....

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Brilliant night. Such a good laugh and a real pleasure to have a good run after a long absence from the pointy end of the grid!

Big congratulations to Darren and Hannah. Darren's car is stupidly quick. Wish mine went like that!

Very nice to see Ashley and Helen having such a good time and Colleen winning her final. Excellent stuff.

And a big pat on the back to everyone for mucking in and making sure the night went smoothly.

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I really want to echo what Gareth said about everyone mucking in - thanks to everyone, especially to Dave for running race control and to Gareth for providing the chassis for our new Nascar/Mod club cars that are now in demand with the new influx of rookies.

We should have the McCann report soon, so we can stock up the shop. Definitely on the list are some new cars for some of our new racers.

Next time out Mike McCann and Gareth will get some Race Control training so they can join me, Dave and Simon in the group that can run a race. Anyone else interested, let me know.

Here is the eagerly awaited family fortunes table. Like the club championship, it's looking interesting

The club championship has had a tied lead in March, April and May now, with three of us separated by just 5 points and the top two without a race win so far in 2013. Darren is not far behind either. If only every month was Nascar...

·
Registered
448 Posts
Another interesting night,,if only Stephen and Daniel could drive as well as they talk then no would get near them!!!!!!
Am desperatly waiting for a parcel to arrive from USA so that kids have new cars to play with so that I can sneak in and pinch Stephen`s sg or if we had lllllllllllllllooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrr
rrrrrrrrrr straight then my turbo may atand a chance!!!!
Now to the fun night of Micro racing,,,at least this time I can blame my team mates for dragging me up into the top areas!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
What a shot in the arm that was for my championship standings. A welcome boost in points especially as our friend Karl said only yesterday to Emily that he'd seen me down in 17th place. Must get him along to race!

Can I request a new addition to the Hall of Fame on the website? I think it would be cool to have Junior Championships and Junior Top Dogs.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Only a question but is there any way that one of the short straights between the banked curves could be banked?
I know we are trying to avoid the big afx banked curve set up but may be worth a look?

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It starts at 8 seconds as mild concern and turns into full-blown panic at 9 seconds. Yellow lane, huh

Thanks again to Mike, Stephen and Daniel for doing the survey on what people want in the shop.

What you'll see soon is:
Some new-in-packet Life Likes as 'entry level' cars for Nascar plus replacement rear axles built for Mod. Along with a lexan shell (attached with a double-sided stick pad each side) that should give a good all-round car for two classes.

Some new-in-packet AFX Champcars later in the summer. And the short wheel base car if people are interested.

A restock on parts, especially BSRT pick-up shoes.

We can help source stuff like Parma controllers, tools etc, but will usually need payment up-front
One other thing is we'll see the return of tea and coffee (there's a new hot water machine in the kitchen) - so long as someone remembers to buy milk each time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts