SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
It might be a model of the old enemy (Williams fan!) but I really do think that is the best looking of all the Tyco F1 cars and probably the best looking post 1980s HO F1. I think the Aurora G Plus bodies are the absolute best of all time.

I have mashed my strongest magnets into my fastest Mega and I have a new rapid Tyco to play with.

Looking forward to a very busy 3 race meets in 8 days.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Knowing all the problems I had at the micro round I have thought long and hard about what I shall be running-----the decision is
possibly mega g,,,, maybe a turbo,,,,,,, or could it be a tyco;;;;;;;;; no it`s definetly going to be a MICRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
QUOTE (pne4ever @ 30 Aug 2013, 14:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Knowing all the problems I had at the micro round I have thought long and hard about what I shall be running-----the decision is
possibly mega g,,,, maybe a turbo,,,,,,, or could it be a tyco;;;;;;;;; no it`s definetly going to be a MICRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has Andrew helped you with your Micro now Mike or have you sorted all the best bits into one chassis? A good Micro is a fairly quick car so I hope.you have some good results. What are the boys running?

·
Registered
448 Posts
G-man the boys will probably be running their mouths a lot as they have not seen anyone for a while and have LOTS to talk about!!!!!! You have been warned,,,, the MOST IMPORTANT item EVERYONE will need in their pit box is definetly earplugs!!!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
First one to speak too much gets gaffa taped to one of the Barn's roof beams! That sort of threat should keep them quiet!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Ok I need a quick rule check!!!! Am I allowed to use the Scalextric controller from the micro race the other night please.
I know people use their own controllers but these are
not brand pacific

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Hi Simon,

I've been doing a lot of experimenting with Tycos recently and I've been getting my best results at home with 0.250 Quicker hubs and 0.430 Supertires. But on Sunday during practise it ran well on 0.426 Supertires so I was able to go a bit lower. It was sticking on 0.422 so that is too low.

I would point out though that I tried to run it on one of the gutter lanes due to some Mega G issues and it was utterly pants. Not sure why because it was good before! I'm bringing it on Wednesday if you want to run a lap or two and see what you think.

Cheers

Gareth

·
Registered
98 Posts
Gareth

Thanks for the advice chap

Normally use the standard Tyco hubs cause they're quite small anyway and I'm pretty sure I've been 0.418's, they've just lost a lot of grip so it's time for some new ones.

Had a 2 hour test session round at Duncan`s today, his Tyco's are looking pretty tasty, certainly I was struggling to keep up with him, So with a bit of a panic on took my Tyco's back to the drawing board, stripped 'em down, rebuilt 'em and manage to dramatically improve the performance by making sure the pick ups and springs had a sound connection, I always under-estimate the importance of that electrical flow.

Thanks again chap for the advice, perhaps we could compare set ups on Wednesday, long live the mighty Tyco.

Simon.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
The electrical flow is crucial for all of them which is one of the big reasons my Mega G was having issues on two lanes on Sunday.

My car is EAHORC legal which means I need to remove a couple of things for WHO but come next season this set up will be WHO compliant.

Definitely be good to compare what we have done.

One reason for using the aftermarket hubs as opposed to stock is that the aftermarket ones tend to be manufactured to a slightly better tolerance than stock. So hopefully rounder wheels that are the same size both sides of the car!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Gareth isn't that cheating ROUND WHEELS!!!!!!!! Never heard of anything so utterly proputrus in all my life---sounds like the GB Olympic cycling team telling the French the reason they won so many golds,,,, Not just round wheels but REALLY round wheels!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Hehe very true Mike. Although I believe the GB olympic team's wheels were also manufactured in France which made it all the funnier!

Will be spending my evening cutting up ceramic floor tiles with an angle grinder (the manliest of powered cutting tools!) and hopefully sticking some tiles on the floor.

I am relying on a higher power for car prep this month.

·
Andy Player
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Simon - testing tyre heights is really important, so Duncan's test track could become very valuable

I had hoped to have restocked the shop with tyres over the summer, but haven't. Sorry. Our usual supplier is having difficulties, so I will probably go direct to Supertires for a bumper order.

We do have some new Mega-G Champcars in the shop tonight. First dibs to those who want to buy their first Mega-G F1. I can build the cars in one of three different specs to run at WHO and EAHORC.

And here's the track for tonight.

Apologies for the delay. The design has been gestating in my brain for a couple of weeks. I hope it's good

We'll have Mike D's deadstrip tonight to test out and run if everything is okay. Thanks to Mike for his hard work putting this together.

And with a little bit of luck we'll have new power supplies and power relays to use at the Heene Centre EAHORC round on 29 September and our WHO Mod race the following Wednesday.

·
Registered
448 Posts
That track looks a bit unlucky!!!!!! 13 corners,,, only thing that could be unluckier would be to run this heat on friday night(13th for those that dont have a calander handy) or being born on the 13th---oh hang on I was born on the 13th!!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts